Should the PRD be desolved?

radvolk

Jan 10, 2004
;) If you like the idiots that are in the PRD you must be crazy. We've had only 3 political parties serve in the highest office of the Dominican Republic. The PRD has managed to screw up each one of their 12 years in office.

I can't believe this political party still exist. It is a shame that even though I was a little boy when Antonio Guzman and Jorge Blanco were in power, I can remember the HORRIBLE management of very resource rich country. Please let's not forget that the last idiot from the PRD we elected ended up taking the country 50 years back. Remember that we were the morons that voted for him even though he threatened to take tunnels and fill them up with dirt to plant Yuca.

The problem in our country is that we are used to things that are going to keep our country in ruins. Poor people want to be able to find a job that pays them a lot of money, but at the same time they want to continue receiving gifts from the goverment in the form of houses, food and even land to later sell. We are used to putting our country's problems in the hands of the government and we want also for the government to take care of the Catholic Church, by building churches and restoring old ones.

We also want our politicians to be honest, but we make fun of them if they do not steal a coulple of millions from the treasury at the end of the term.

We need to change this vicious cycle by first not ever voting for anybody from the PRD or that had any ties to the PRD. You see, the PRD symbolizes everything wrong with our country. I would even go as far as locking everyone in their membership without posibility of ever getting out. If that is not possible, then maybe we should just ban them from public office and in the case of Hipolito Mejia ban him from even speaking in public ( come one! he really should keep his mouth shut).

Finally people that oppose things just for the heck of opposing should be killed. Don't oppose the Metro just because to build it you have to cut trees. Remember back in the days when everyone was opposing the construction of "El Teatro Nacional." Well the same idiots that were opposing the construction were there almost every week. The problem is that we forget easily and we love to repeat the same mistakes.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
I agree with you but...

The metro should be questioned...leonel has trouble maintaining overpasses
let alone build a rail system...plus leonel acts as if he will be in power for a long time to keep these projects running smoothly...I have mentioned it plenty of times if you don't invest time and money on people development
no matter what you build, in time it will crumble...

But you are write but neither the P.R.S.C or the PRD should be allowed in Dominican office again..

Jun 5, 2004
Isnt this communist one party? by the way even though i am part of prsc i have to admit that prd is the second biggest party soooooooo

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Conchman said:
Mexico is a one party state and its not communist. FYI
FYI -- Mexico is no longer a one-party state. The President is from PAN, the national legislature is a mix of PAN, PRI, PRD and PVEM, the mix among governors and state legislators varies.

arcangel

Aug 3, 2005
desolved? how excatly is this going to serve the Democratic system?
Restructure it self, yes. Keep in mind that we should hold them accauntable and if we were to trust them again they are going to have to start working grass roots. The DR is too politiziced, I will not like to see the DR become US in the sense that everybody trust's the goverment regardless, ex. Bush sheeps. I will like to see the young generation identifying themselves with Leonel, and opening the doors to a different mind set. however, is there a contender to Leonel or are we looking at "the last dominican hope". I can see Leonel pulling a Balaguer move and staying in power until he is mummy.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Keith R said:
FYI -- Mexico is no longer a one-party state. The President is from PAN, the national legislature is a mix of PAN, PRI, PRD and PVEM, the mix among governors and state legislators varies.

OK, it WAS a one party state that was not communist. Thank you for the correction.

radvolk

Jan 10, 2004
Maybe I should elaborate on what I wrote...

It is a shame that I have to explain myself and that some of the people that replied to what I wrote have no imagination. When I said about getting rid of the PRD I talking about banning completely the PRD from public office. That includes any idiot that ever served under that party. I am not suggesting a 1 party government. Please!!! If you think there is only 1 party in the Dominican Republic you never lived in DR during an election year. By the Way who cares about Mexico. We got our own problems (similar, but they are our own).

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
radvolk said:
It is a shame that I have to explain myself and that some of the people that replied to what I wrote have no imagination. When I said about getting rid of the PRD I talking about banning completely the PRD from public office. That includes any idiot that ever served under that party. I am not suggesting a 1 party government. Please!!! If you think there is only 1 party in the Dominican Republic you never lived in DR during an election year. By the Way who cares about Mexico. We got our own problems (similar, but they are our own).

And which is the party then that will have the pleasure to ban or accept any parties into public office, may I ask? And if there was such a power besides the people itself by vote, what makes you think it wouldn't then use that power to ban just any party from public office access? :ermm: I think this is the thinking that may make some think you suggest a one-party state, even thou you may not, this is what it would become.

In a democratical election it is the people who will decide who and from which party will hold public office... so if one party is full of idiots (only), and the people are not idiots in their mayority either, they will probably not vote the idiots into office, one would like to think. Either way... you can't help democracy to a wiser choice by banning people and entire parties from office.
That would be the first mayor step towards a dictatorship.

... J-D.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
clearing up my original post

When I referred to do away with the PRSC and the PRD, I didn't mean only one party should rule the whole island...there are other party's and independent's out there..but those specific parties have shown they had alternative agenda's and did not know how to govern it's people, there sole interest was financial and corruption to the max...you see that is the biggest problem the island faces today. it seems there are not enough intellectual indiviguals in the island, who want to lead and challenge the old ways and form new party's...

In closing Haitian's, American's, Arab's, nor any religion has ever threathen the country... Dominican's to this point have no natural advisary's...Dominican's themselves and only themselves have been there
own worst enemy!!! the island needs new innovative thinkers, to this point "NO" party has met the real needs of the people nor it's neighbors, nor the future of it's children!:cry:

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
daddy1 said:
When I referred to do away with the PRSC and the PRD, I didn't mean only one party should rule the whole island...there are other party's and independent's out there..but those specific parties have shown they had alternative agenda's and did not know how to govern it's people, there sole interest was financial and corruption to the max...you see that is the biggest problem the island faces today. it seems there are not enough intellectual indiviguals in the island, who want to lead and challenge the old ways and form new party's...

In closing Haitian's, American's, Arab's, nor any religion has ever threathen the country... Dominican's to this point have no natural advisary's...Dominican's themselves and only themselves have been there
own worst enemy!!! the island needs new innovative thinkers, to this point "NO" party has met the real needs of the people nor it's neighbors, nor the future of it's children!:cry:

Look man, not even Narciso Isa Conde's PCD( dominican communist party) can't get dissolved ! so imagine a party as big as the PRD. I agree with you, they are thrash, but the only thing we can hope for is a reduction in their numbers, tha's all. You saying about " banning the party" sounds so 1930's.

Fernandez is alright, compared to Hippo, he is a human, hippo is just that, a hippo, a brainless animal. But he's been doing some erratic things I don't like. He is too acceletated.

1) travelling too much outside the country.

2) the metro, is just too expensive and risky. DR is not Venezuela, Mexico or Argentina. This is wrong decision on his part.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I'm praying every day that the PRD get dissolved!

They had their chances at ruling this country and they blew it everytime.

This country has been brought down to its knees during their leadership, or lack of leadership, more severely than any other political group that has taken power!

-NAL

Always will be something other than PRD!;) :rambo:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Nal0whs said:
I'm praying every day that the PRD get dissolved!...QUOTE]

The PRD is the most authentic political party in the DR.... By the way, ?What good is to kill the dog, and leave the rabies?... and the flees will just go to another dog...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Mirador said:
Nal0whs said:
I'm praying every day that the PRD get dissolved!...QUOTE]

The PRD is the most authentic political party in the DR.... By the way, ?What good is to kill the dog, and leave the rabies?... and the flees will just go to another dog...
Authenticity does not makes up for complete stupidity when they were in power.

Every time they come to power the country goes down the tubes and fast! No wonder they never make it past 1 term!

There are a few people in the PRD who are truly honorable, good minded people, but most are not in sync with leadership abilities.

This is not to say that the other parties are perfect or free from defects, because they are not, but they are much better than the PRD has proven to be.

The PRD was established under good principles and ideas that such party has never adhered to while in power.

They had more than one chance to prove to the nay sayers that they were different, this most recent time the country almost collapsed!

Thanks but no thanks!

-NAL

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
There you go again----

You all know that in a "democracy", political parties cannot be outlawed legally! Where in the world are you thinking caps???
That the PRD has repeatedly made a mess of things in attempting to govern is for opposition parties to speak about at pre-election meetings. Bring out the falures, the chaos caused, the mahem resulting from their incumbency and that should awaken thosewho are truly interested in good governance instead of themeager handouts promised by politicians.
In this "populist" government atmosphere you call democracy, maybe there will be a few who will argue sensibly enough to convince the majority to vote for honesty and integrity in governance, tho i seriously doubt that can be done. A hungry dog will always follow the owner of the meatiest bone without a thought as towhere it is being led. History lesson--Hitler after WWI and the Weimer Republic's failure at governance compounded by the Great Depression.

Nal, you know better, so why did you post in that manner. I expected better of an intellectual of your stamp.

Texas Bill

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Texas Bill said:
You all know that in a "democracy", political parties cannot be outlawed legally! Where in the world are you thinking caps???
That the PRD has repeatedly made a mess of things in attempting to govern is for opposition parties to speak about at pre-election meetings. Bring out the falures, the chaos caused, the mahem resulting from their incumbency and that should awaken thosewho are truly interested in good governance instead of themeager handouts promised by politicians.
In this "populist" government atmosphere you call democracy, maybe there will be a few who will argue sensibly enough to convince the majority to vote for honesty and integrity in governance, tho i seriously doubt that can be done. A hungry dog will always follow the owner of the meatiest bone without a thought as towhere it is being led. History lesson--Hitler after WWI and the Weimer Republic's failure at governance compounded by the Great Depression.

Nal, you know better, so why did you post in that manner. I expected better of an intellectual of your stamp.

Texas Bill
There is a difference between dissolving a party and banning a party.

Dissolving could mean anything from merging, to spliting, to even changing the overall ideology of a party (though I would argue that the ideology of any party in this country is a joke, but maybe its just me), or changing the highest ranking people within the party with "smarter" people. I'm using the word smarter here very cautiously, but we can all agree that people like Hipolito are not too bright!

The OP wanted to know if the PRD should be dissolved and I gave my opinion. He did not asked for brainstorming on what was the best way of dissolving the PRD.

Notice, dissolving and banning are two different words and I pressume there is a reason for that.

-NAL