Juan Dolio - Safe and nice guest house or hotel

platanito

Oct 30, 2005
Will be in SD at the end of Novemeber and looking to spend two or three days at a small hotel or nice safe guesthouse in the beach in Juan Dolio area. I do not want to go to a resort this time, but rather enjoy a tranquil, safe and affordable little vacation.

Your recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
The Fior Di Loto would be my only choice in Juan Dolio.

http://www.tiesse.net/fiordiloto/English.htm

Has an Indian vibe, with yoga classes, accupuncture, and meditation classes, with a very nice Italian restaurant. It is a B&B type place, very casual with a really great feel about it. If you are definite on Juan Dolio and don't want a resort, then this is the only place in Juan Dolio that I would consider. But why are you staying in Juan Dolio? There's not very much to do there except the beach, and only the resorts are on the beach.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
You might also check out Don Pedro's......

They rent rooms with a shared kitchen facility if you want to cook and are clean and reasonably affordable (US $25/day in April of this year).

Mara from Hotel Flor di Loto is presently in India so there are no yoga classes or meditation classes right now. She returns around the 4th of Dec.

Damar guesthouse is VERY basic (a little old and run down) but very clean and CHEAP!

There are also rooms to rent above Naito Mini Market and as this is slow season you won't have any trouble finding accomodations!

Enjoy the tranquility of the area and the beach (the water will still be very warm!)