Help with a Spanish word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I was wondering if anyone can help. Im in the process of learning Spanish, but I still struggle with lots of words.

My boyfriend said a new word to me today and I dont know what it means and he couldnt say what it means in English either. Damn the language barrier!!!

Anyway, it sounded like cacana (phonetically: kakanya) If anyone can tell me what it means and how to spell it properly, it would be a great help as my dictionary is rubbish!!!

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
eralc777 said:
I was wondering if anyone can help. Im in the process of learning Spanish, but I still struggle with lots of words.

My boyfriend said a new word to me today and I dont know what it means and he couldnt say what it means in English either. Damn the language barrier!!!

Anyway, it sounded like cacana (phonetically: kakanya) If anyone can tell me what it means and how to spell it properly, it would be a great help as my dictionary is rubbish!!!

That is not an spanish word. It is some type of slang, which I have never heard of.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
ok, well im guessing it is Domincan slang as he is Dominican. Thanks for your help anyway Stodgord. If there is anyone else who can shed any light, it would be appreciated!!

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Caca?o - Taca?o

The only Spanish word that comes close (and that I know ) is taca?a -- it means a person who doesn't want to spend his money ..... mean ....

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
hugoke01 said:

The only Spanish word that comes close (and that I know ) is taca?a -- it means a person who doesn't want to spend his money ..... mean ....

That was my thought, as well.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Hmmm, maybe thats what it was. He told me to say it to a mutual friend and he laughed and said it was funny. Bless, he tries to teach me new words and it goes horribly wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.