Best City to Visit in DR?????

classic

Nov 2, 2005
I am a 28 year-old American black male and will be traveling alone to DR from November 20th to November 30th.

What is the best city to visit???

My main priority is to have fun so nightlife, lots of fun young people, beautiful women, beach, things to do are very important.

Basically just recommend a city in which someone of my age would have a good time.

Danvr91

May 20, 2002
one of the best places to goto is the capital, SaNTO DOMingo, there are tons of bares and nightclubs to go to and many things to do during the day aswell. you may want to check out Bufeo and also Bonche to check out any events and nightlife in the capital( there in spanish but by looking at the pics, you can get an idea, if you have any question post again, i guess i can be considered a night life expert in santo domingo

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
If I were you, I would do a one or two-day excursion to an island in the Dominican Republic. Isla Saona has a very beautiful beach. If you want more info, let me know and I will post it. :classic:

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Santo Domingo has everything you are looking for except for the beach. No beach here. If you are imagining a "tropical vacation" then you are much better off going to Caberete, it has a beautiful beach. I think the vast majority of people visiting this country for the first time would prefer Cabarete however, if you are more interested in the nightlife and beautiful women, come to Santo Domingo.

Larry

bertgilbert

Feb 1, 2005
spaces.msn.com
Just curious

Why do you feel saying ( I am a black American) is important, just curious. Sosua has a great beach, you can walk anywhere in town. It all depends where you will be staying, will you need to rent a car, use guagua. If you post where you will be staying, you might get more tips on what to do around your Hotel.

Have fun, I am sure you will want to come back, maybe post your trip report when you come back.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
If you are there for 10 days, you can hang out in the capital during the day and night. You can also make short trips to Boca Chica and Juan Dolio for the beaches, which are gorgeous.
If you go to Cabarete, stuff to do during the day will be limited, unless you want to just hang out on the beach and partake in some kitesailingand/or boogie boarding, but you can also take day trips from there. Check out WWW.Iguanamama.com and see if you are interested in some of the activities that they offer.
You can also take day trips to Playa Grande and Laguna GriGri which are not that far from Cabarete.
You can also take a day trip into Puerto plata-tons of different tours are offered. Just ask at the front desk of your hotel and they will tell you which guided trips are available.

khamari

Aug 5, 2003
I like the North Coast; as a jumping off point

Hey, Classic. I sent you a PM. In case you did not get it respond here and I will get in touch with you. As stated, I like the North Coast. (6 visits, and counting.) All of the DR has something to offer it just depends on what type of vacation you would like to have. Later.
K

kemaris

Jan 3, 2005
We (3 women - 29,29,28) are traveling to DR Nov 27 to Dec 4. It's my second trip to the DR this year, but the first time for my friends. We're going to Puerto Plata on Sunday - Thursday, then heading to Santo Domingo for Thurs - Sun. It's the best of both worlds with only a 3-4 bus ride in between. You explore the beaches of the North Coast (POP,Sosua,Cabarete) then head to SD (amazing nightlife, people, beisbol!). We're just DR rookies ... but it's an amazing country and we're trying to see as much as we can in during our short stay.

L

LarrySpencer

Are you really going there to see as much of the country as you can, or to see as many beaches and clubs as your can? Because if you really wanted to see more, try going west and then south...that would trully be an experience for you.

Last edited by a moderator: