Dominicans in London

Aug 19, 2004
Thought this may be of interest.

From the 2001 Census of England and Wales:

501 residents in England and Wales specified the Dominican Republic as country of birth

189 residents in London specified the Dominican Republic as country of birth

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
So where are they all?

We know a few Dominicans living in England, there is usually an Independence Day celebration in London where quite a few Dominicans get together but other than that you don't really hear much from them here, which is a shame.

mtz444

Sep 14, 2005
Did any one go to the dominican carnival in london

Did Anyone Go On The 6th Of August For A Get 2 Together In London.

Clampett 1

Aug 11, 2006
There is a merengue band out of London which I got to meet when I was there a couple of years ago and still keep in touch. The name is Merengada. Do a search on google to check out their site. I know that at least one of the members is Dominican. Check them out.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Merengada

There is a afternoon gig on the 3rd September in Enfield North London. Nothing big or fancy usually but its in a park and FREE ... when the weather is on side is a nice afternoon. ;)

Nearest train station is Gordon Hill, Enfield Chase or Enfield Town for those who want to know me pm or email me

lamaga

Sep 10, 2006
I'm a Dominican living in the UK although not in London.... I'm living in the NE... and I think I'm the only Dominican in the village (quoting Little Britain)..am I the only one?!

petromacorisona

Sep 13, 2006
Dominicans en london

FINALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY DOMINICANS IN LONDON I SWEAR I HAVNT SEEN NOT MUCH DOMINICANS IN LONDON HE ONLYS ONES I SAW WAS AT EL CARNABAL DEL PUEBLO WICH WAS THE 6TH OF AUGUST APART FROM THEY ALL DISSAPERED. BTW IMA PETROMACORISONA LIVIN IN EAST LONDON:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky

mtz444

Sep 14, 2005
hi

There are dominicans in london. pm me, im going to visit my firends next week in london.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
FINALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY DOMINICANS IN LONDON I SWEAR I HAVNT SEEN NOT MUCH DOMINICANS IN LONDON HE ONLYS ONES I SAW WAS AT EL CARNABAL DEL PUEBLO WICH WAS THE 6TH OF AUGUST APART FROM THEY ALL DISSAPERED. BTW IMA PETROMACORISONA LIVIN IN EAST LONDON:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky

Wow, you guys should do a get together and take pictures and post them here. It would be very interesting to learn how you guys are doing up there.

petromacorisona

Sep 13, 2006
all the london dominicans who wanna chat ill leave ma e-mail n u can contact me cos its seriously gettin depressin 2 be livin in london n not bein around ur own people apart from la familia. YESSSSSS SO ALL MA DOMINICANS LIVIN IN LONDON its petro-macorisona@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
My husband (who is Dominican) and I live in Hertfordshire which is just outside North London ... we're about 20 minutes from Liverpool Street in London. Where are you guys from?

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
We know of other Dominicans in London too. There was a gathering a month or so ago in Regents Park. We also went to a DR Independence Day celebration over in Greenwich in February.

How long have you lived in the sunny UK? :ermm:

petromacorisona

Sep 13, 2006
I was born in 'sunny lol' UK but i did spend a bit of time back home in DR. yeeh i heard about the gathering in regents park but i missed it cos i was back home in DR :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005

Did you go to the Dominican Independance Day gathering back in February? We met quite a few Dominicans there too