Best Food in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Morua Mai Restaurante in Sosua has the best food .. serving Breakfast all day. Alexandra has just produced a new menu with great prices... Breakfast at under 100 pesos. Food & service is great with special deals too.

Morua Mai is situated opposite the Voodoo Lounge on the corner. Give it a try I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Well, that's good news. Several years ago, that was my wife and I's favorite place in Sosua but we had stopped going there because their prices had gotten to outrageous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What is included in The "RD$100 Breakfast?"

I had breakfast there last year and it was like RD$300 for 2.

Is 100 pesos a "members" price?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You have to add 26% to any price in this restaurant. Unlike many other places that locals frequent they will charge the tax. If you eat at Rockys for example, the price on the menu is what you pay. But not at Morua Mai.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think Bailey's is much better. Excellent food, great sallad bar included, reasonable prices and good service. The bar is also good. This restaurant is the most popular place in Sosua without any competition.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It's located infront of the copycenter, very close to Banco Popular, and across the street from Bar Cest'lavie.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The Waitress' At "Baileys" Are Real "EYECANDY"!

"Scandall" loves the service there!:cry:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Rafael, the owner of Morua Mai, is a great guy and they have plata del dia for lunch as well as the long-standing breakfast deal. :)
They definately get my vote for best in Sosua for breakfast and lunch ..... you can't beat Rocky's ribs for dinner though ... unless you're looking for a romantic/special occasion dinner - then Morua takes the cake again.
Stay well,
Amy

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Tamborista said:
What is included in The "RD$100 Breakfast?"

I had breakfast there last year and it was like RD$300 for 2.

Is 100 pesos a "members" price?

We had eggs, bacon, toast and other breads, fruit, coffee. Served all day.. for just under 100 pesos per person.

All freshly cooked with a great service... what more can I ask for on a Sunday morning when I try and have a nice breakfast there with my kids. ;)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Sylvia:
What about the 26% TAX?

I am actually very happy with the food and connectivity @ Rocky's, but like to try other places.

newyorksharkbar

Apr 25, 2005
Three Places with Great Food

There are three places that I think belong on this list. One was already mentioned and that is Bailey's. The food is very good the prices are very reasonable and the service is excellent for Sosua. The next place that comes to mind is Brittania Pub. Barbara is an excellent cook and her daily specials usually don't last very long and quite a few people reserve her specials in advance. They have a Dominican cook there who works during the day and her food is so good that some people drive from Puerto Plata to get it. Add to that very cheap happy hour drink prices and very friendly owners and they must be ranked among the best of Sosua. The third place that comes to mind is a Dominican owned and operated restaurant located inside the Villa Flor complex. Their breakfast is very good and so is their selection of Dominican and Mexican food. This is another place where the prices are very reasonable and the owners are extremely friendly. My limited budget does not allow me to comment on some of the more pricey restaurants so not including them is not an indication by me of their quality.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Bogey's in The Villa Flor complex is excellent indeed.
The cook and her helper are very nice and make me all kinds of Salads off the menu. If you ask for "picante" she is not shy about it! Very reasonably priced, I may add with a nice sized plate.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I must try this restaurant (Bogey's) soon. It has been promoted as a lunch restaurant, does anybody know the opening hours in the evenings ?

koko*

Sep 16, 2005
I recently returned from Sosua and was told about a place called The Orchid (the name is actually in Spanish but, I am not sure how to spell it!) We had a large mushroom pizza, two beer and a juice and our bill was under $300 pesos! The pizza was awesome and I can't wait to eat there again.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
koko* said:
I recently returned from Sosua and was told about a place called The Orchid (the name is actually in Spanish but, I am not sure how to spell it!) We had a large mushroom pizza, two beer and a juice and our bill was under $300 pesos! The pizza was awesome and I can't wait to eat there again.

Is this the place? Orchidee Bar and Restaurant

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
bigbird said:
Is this the place? Orchidee Bar and Restaurant
I'm sure it was. The pasta is also great. The best pizza in town. Cristian, the owner is also a super guy.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
Bogey's in The Villa Flor complex is excellent indeed.
The cook and her helper are very nice and make me all kinds of Salads off the menu. If you ask for "picante" she is not shy about it! Very reasonably priced, I may add with a nice sized plate.

Where is the Villa Flor Complex?

Status
Not open for further replies.