Movie theater question

nlove88

Aug 12, 2005
I will be in the Dominican Republic when the RENT movie is released on November 23rd. My friend who I am traveling with is obsessed with RENT and as a suprise I thought I would take her to it if it was going to be playing in the DR. Does anyone know of any good theaters in either Santo Domingo or Santiago that would be showing the movie? I don't know if the DR gets movies later then in the US...

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
There is a nice movie theater at the Acropolos (spelling?) Mall. This shopping mall is a 8-minute drive from the Intercontinental Hotel.

This movie theater is on the third floor of the mall.

The seats are wide and comfortable.

Enjoy!!! :classic:

charlessquare

Nov 12, 2005
Where is it?

Potato_Salad said:
There is a nice movie theater at the Acropolos (spelling?) Mall. This shopping mall is a 8-minute drive from the Intercontinental Hotel.

This movie theater is on the third floor of the mall.

The seats are wide and comfortable.

Enjoy!!! :classic:
Hi P where is this movie theater?
Are the movies in English? Subtitled?
Where's Intercontinental Hotel?
We are goin to be staying in Cabarete
regards
C

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
5 Hours South

The Acropolis is in Santo Domingo. There's a movie theater in Puerto Plata (Playa Dorado), but it's lame, even by DR standards.

-Helpmann :ermm:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
It entirely depends on who's distributing the movie. Some movies have come out the same day, others have taken over a year. At least half the time movies make it to DVD before the theater.

Aside from kids movies though, most movies will be shown in the language they were filmed in with spanish subtitles

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
True, but...

The films that make it to the Playa Dorado (Puerto Plata) theater aren't even as current as the films distributed in the Santo Domingo and Santiago theaters, which aren't as current films distributed in the US.

-Helpmann :)

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
hello nlove88 check this page www.cine.com.do will help you a lot, and yes the theater at the acropolis is a nice place, perfect sound and imagen. It?s in the Av. Winston Churchill.