El Hipodromo

strawberrru

Oct 5, 2005
I was wondering what people know about the barrio El Hipodromo. Someone told me that I should not stay with some friends (that just moved there from Los Frailes II) in that barrio because i'm gringa. Should I be concerned about this barrio? And where exactly is it located?
Thanks,
Keri

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I wonder if you know anyone there who you could ask about the location and safety. Hmmm.....what about the friends who just moved there - they have to know where they are and what the barrio is like. The first to ask I should think.

I'm serious , if they are good friends they wouldn't invite you if they thought it was unsafe or out of the way would they? I sure hope not.

Last edited:

strawberrru

Oct 5, 2005
They actually don't have a phone and so communication to them is limited to occasional phone calls while they are at work. I am not planning on staying in that barrio, more or less just planning on visiting. but I guess i will try to call them if I can't get any information here!

strawberrru

Oct 5, 2005
fko1,
no and no. the father drives taxi and the mother works part time at a church. if i am right about the general location of the barrio, there is no resort too close. it's a barrio in santo domingo.

May 12, 2005
strawberrru said:
fko1,
no and no. the father drives taxi and the mother works part time at a church. if i am right about the general location of the barrio, there is no resort too close. it's a barrio in santo domingo.

Ok, just checking. I thought maybe you were sankified. Can't say I know anything about that particular barrio. Just like any other area like that, if you must go, go during dayligt hours and use the same common sense you would in a questionable neighborhood by where you live.