Sankified...

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Well, I finally found out what all the talk is about this sanky stuff first hand. I have to say that it has been a somewhat expensive-not too bad-experience and it was done so well that I am almost-almost-amuzed.
Wow, what a great lesson in life to learn that you are a schmuck. Ok, naiive yes, innocent yes, studip (get it) yes a little, blinded by what I was hungry for-definitely.
I met this sweet girl on my last trip and had a spent some good days and nights with her. She, of course, had a baby and the three of us were together quite a few times. She spoke four different languages including english and seemed to be somewhat genuine. To be somewhat brief you know the old Western Union stories and such. Well now that I am living here she is/was much different. After stopping by her place the other night to "see how she is doing" after another bad experience I found her Dominican boyfriend/chulo with her in her room. Didn't say too much just got back on the moto concho, stopped for a few minutes to have that cool down I feel a little shocked smoke and carried on.
We were finished before that but she kept calling and I kept seeing more and more. Now that I actually saw with my own eyes what the world was telling me was the truth I feel better.
My times here before were school but not this was university-and I payed for it and am actually quite happy that it is over and I am a little wiser.
I do not plan to change my innocence and wanting to believe in people but I will be a "bit" more cautious.
Hey-welcome to the club I guess.

Sep 19, 2005
thank god that chit dont happen in AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...we'd have to do SOMETHING about it!!.............

I the DR she gets the necklace and $200 in cash.... in america she gets half the house , 401K, and maintenace( alimony for you older folks)............next?

bob

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
You did good dude!

jrf said:
Well, I finally found out what all the talk is about this sanky stuff first hand. I have to say that it has been a somewhat expensive-not too bad-experience and it was done so well that I am almost-almost-amuzed.
Wow, what a great lesson in life to learn that you are a schmuck. Ok, naiive yes, innocent yes, studip (get it) yes a little, blinded by what I was hungry for-definitely.
I met this sweet girl on my last trip and had a spent some good days and nights with her. She, of course, had a baby and the three of us were together quite a few times. She spoke four different languages including english and seemed to be somewhat genuine. To be somewhat brief you know the old Western Union stories and such. Well now that I am living here she is/was much different. After stopping by her place the other night to "see how she is doing" after another bad experience I found her Dominican boyfriend/chulo with her in her room. Didn't say too much just got back on the moto concho, stopped for a few minutes to have that cool down I feel a little shocked smoke and carried on.
We were finished before that but she kept calling and I kept seeing more and more. Now that I actually saw with my own eyes what the world was telling me was the truth I feel better.
My times here before were school but not this was university-and I payed for it and am actually quite happy that it is over and I am a little wiser.
I do not plan to change my innocence and wanting to believe in people but I will be a "bit" more cautious.

Yep, this is what goes on down here! Keep coming down and keep having fun!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Oh no!!

jrf said:
Welcome to the DR and it's sankiettes!.

I, for one, if I were single, would NEVER, EVER date a Dominican(I learned my lesson). At least NOT for a serious relationship.

Haven't you guys noticed that Dominican females are the females that have the most male "cousins"?.

How long did you knew her before the Western Union stuff started?

Ps: don't forget that there's a SUCKER born every second!

Last edited:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
jrf said:

Cheer up buddy. At least you found out before things got worse!

But like you said, do not change your innocence and wanting to believe in people. Like you said, just be more careful.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I had a date while I was in the DR.

While we were eating,

The Girl: "Are you rich?"

Me: "Why are you asking?"

The Girl: "How much do you have?"

I never met her again. If I smell bullsh*t, then I walk away.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I just have to wonder where the heck do you guys meet women...

Miguel: That's a little harsh to say that you'd never date a Dominican for a serious relationship. Specially coming from a Dominican. I would think someone like you wouldn't get played that easily. Of course anyone can get played, but we Dominicans should know the game and the people who play them.

We all know that there are good and bad people everywhere and that includes good women in The DR. Of course you're probably not going to meet a good woman in a car wash, massage parlor, or any like place...

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I have met both good and bad women in the DR. But overall, they are nice, kind, and beautiful.

I especially like it when the girl cooks for me in her home and introduces her family to me. I love homecooked Dominican meals!!! :classic:

I try to return the favor by bringing dessert such as a cake or a box of chocolate.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
suarezn said:
I just have to wonder where the heck do you guys meet women...

Miguel: That's a little harsh to say that you'd never date a Dominican for a serious relationship. Specially coming from a Dominican. I would think someone like you wouldn't get played that easily. Of course anyone can get played, but we Dominicans should know the game and the people who play them.

We all know that there are good and bad people everywhere and that includes good women in The DR. Of course you're probably not going to meet a good woman in a car wash, massage parlor, or any like place...

trueeee... you can't expect to meet good decent, family values girl
in car wash, bars, (resorts), and similar places.

it's hard to believe girls even if they are sincere, decent, and honest. why?
well, b/c there's such a bad image on dr girls or any latin american country
and the image/rep is that they only want a way out of poverty, they only
want the green card and then they will kick you out, and move with someone else or with family and help their family.

in a world like this you can't really trust any girl..... unless she demonstrate
genuine feelings and you get to know her well and if she puts up with many
hardships situations (fights, no resorts, no money allowance via western union, no clothes... i mean this to happen on certain ocasions, not all the time... about west union that should be never,, unless you're present and you know what's for).

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Larry said:
Was that really necessary??

Larry

I've quickly realized that my question really has no place here. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, since that was not my intent. If you would edit out the comment from your post perhaps we can put this to rest.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let me explain a little.....

suarezn said:

Ok, let me explain to you something. And keep in mind that I will explain myself TO YOU only because I DO respect you and you are one of the few people that makes DR1 inviting.

NOBODY played me. One of us was very unstable. I just decided that after my relationship ended, that I would NEVER, EVER be on "out of the US" relationship. Not only that it's to darn expensive, in many cases, it's a waste of time.

Yes, I still think that a long distance relationship (out of the US)can work, but I just do not want to invest on one. One was enough for me.

The reason why I said that I would never date a Dominican female is that since I was a young boy, Dominican females just don't "do it" for me. I know that there are MANY Dominican ladies that are worth it but I just don't have the desire to invest on such relationships. Don't get me wrong, there are Dominicans that are stunning, in and out, but they are not my preference. It has nothing to do if I got burned or not. I have said before that I can count with 2 or 3 fingers how many of my relationships have been with Dominicans. And that's counting Dominicans in the US.

I don't know if you are getting my mumblings but let me explain it better:

If I was single and lived in the DR, by all means, I would date a Dominican because I would have the time to invest on the relationship. But I would NEVER, EVER date one while living here. See, I grew up around a few types of nationalities and that's the reason why I rather be with females with those nationalities.

I am not saying that I am better or worse than them. It's just a matter of preference. As you may have seen, I am not a great catch but at least I know what I want or don't want.

We all know that there are many Dominican females that are not worth it and we all know that there are great Dominicans females. I should know since I was raised by one of the greatest one from Barahona, and all the DR for that matter, IMO.

Btw, suarezn, I have NEVER, EVER been to a carwash, massage parlor or a colmadon for that matter while in the DR.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let's see!

MaineGirl said:
I've quickly realized that my question really has no place here. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, since that was not my intent. If you would edit out the comment from your post perhaps we can put this to rest.
Let me get this straight since I did not see your reply to me:

1- I log in and my it says that I have a PM from you. You are apologizing to me for something that you asked me or said.

2- Larry is asking you if "that was necessary?", so I gather that it was not nice.

3- Then I see that you deleted your post.

4- Then I see this post.

Well, all I can say is that whatever want to know, I'll have an answer for you. Whether you are being nosey or not, I will answer all your questions. Send me a PM and I will put your mind to "rest".

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Miguel: Hey Bro you don't need to explain yourself to me. I just thought that was a little harsh coming from a Dominican. NOW I understand where you're coming from when you talked about the long distance thing...It is extremely difficult and 99% it won't work in the long term. I wouldn't go as far as call it a waste of time, though. I'm one ot believe that's much better to have loved and lost than not loved at all.

Let's say you have a long term relationship that didn't work in the end, but the times you had were fantastic. I would take that anytime, even if in the end I or both of us end up being hurt.

As for the carwash thing I was not referring to you in particular, but just in general. When I see examples like the one given by Potato_Salad about the girl that asked him if he was rich and how much he had on the first date out, I have to wonder where they meet these girls.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
suarezn said:
Miguel: Hey Bro you don't need to explain yourself to me. I just thought that was a little harsh coming from a Dominican. NOW I understand where you're coming from when you talked about the long distance thing...It is extremely difficult and 99% it won't work in the long term. I wouldn't go as far as call it a waste of time, though. I'm one ot believe that's much better to have loved and lost than not loved at all.

Let's say you have a long term relationship that didn't work in the end, but the times you had were fantastic. I would take that anytime, even if in the end I or both of us end up being hurt.

As for the carwash thing I was not referring to you in particular, but just in general. When I see examples like the one given by Potato_Salad about the girl that asked him if he was rich and how much he had on the first date out, I have to wonder where they meet these girls.

Hello there :)

I met this girl at a restaurant. She was eating alone while reading a magazine. I sat one table next to her. I said hi and asked if she spoke a little English. She said yes.

The next day we met, and then BOOM!!! She throws me these questions. I never saw her again.

Oh well. Life goes on. :classic:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
One the other hand, I have met a lot of nice men and women.

So I have a lot of nice male and female friends.

The problem with me is that I do not speak Spanish. And most of the Dominicans I meet do not speak English. So I have decided to take Spanish classes during the weekends. :classic:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Since the DR is so poor more likely than not you will wind up meeting someone who wants to get paid when they see a turista. If you're not gorgeous in your country you're not in the DR, either. So you already know what the game is about. Unfortunately in these situations you can't be nice. So get what you can get and scram. This is how you date in the DR if you are not from there.

If you walk into a place where there are what we in the US consider middle, upper midde or upper class dominicans with the intent to socialize, why would they want to talk to a tourist? They have their lives made and don't need a way out. You're nobody to them.

I've noticed that many dominican women let dominican men abuse them in all types of ways. So guess what? When they see ol' gringo from the states they want to turn the tables and do it to you. Don't let them. They will not appreciate you if you are nice, kind and generous. You are just another pendejo to them. Dude, go to Brazil or Argentina. You may find the same thing applies there, but at least the women are better-looking and MUUUUUUUUUUUCH better in the sack.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Al contrario Camarada!

suarezn said:

Well, like I said, I wanted to explain myself to you. No biggie brotha!.

See, when I said that it was a waste of time, I see it this way (suppose that I was single):

I would not waste my time on a long distance relationship unless I am able to see this person whenever I feel like it. I will never be in another relationship where I have to hop into a plane to see the person. Its just hard not being able to spend time with the person when you are trying to get to know her.

Again, it ended because one of us was unsable. That's all.

Life is my friend and life have gone on and I am very happy with the turn of events!.
I am not one to cry over spilled milk.

Last edited:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Berzin said:
Since the DR is so poor more likely than not you will wind up meeting someone who wants to get paid when they see a turista. If you're not gorgeous in your country you're not in the DR, either. So you already know what the game is about. Unfortunately in these situations you can't be nice. So get what you can get and scram. This is how you date in the DR if you are not from there.

If you walk into a place where there are what we in the US consider middle, upper midde or upper class dominicans with the intent to socialize, why would they want to talk to a tourist? They have their lives made and don't need a way out. You're nobody to them.

I've noticed that many dominican women let dominican men abuse them in all types of ways. So guess what? When they see ol' gringo from the states they want to turn the tables and do it to you. Don't let them. They will not appreciate you if you are nice, kind and generous. You are just another pendejo to them. Dude, go to Brazil or Argentina. You may find the same thing applies there, but at least the women are better-looking and MUUUUUUUUUUUCH better in the sack.

Very good points you have there. :)

I would love to visit Brazil or Argentina. But my work schedule does not allow me much time. The DR is only a 3-hour flight from NYC (where I live and work). So I tend to go to the DR. But if I have the chance, I will check out South America. :)

You are correct--being nice does not work at times.