Dominicans help elect NYC Mayor

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Mike Bloomberg was just re-elected as Mayor of NYC and it appears that he received tremendous support from the Dominican Community. His celebration party is featuring a Dominican Band and on the news Dominican flags are waving all over in celebration. Freddy Ferrer did not receive enough support to win in a predominantly Democratic town.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I respect the Dominicans (as well as the Koreans, Jews, Chinese, Mexicans, etc.) for actively participating in this year's mayor race. :classic:

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Ricardo900 said:
Mike Bloomberg was just re-elected as Mayor of NYC and it appears that he received tremendous support from the Dominican Community. His celebration party is featuring a Dominican Band and on the news Dominican flags are waving all over in celebration. Freddy Ferrer did not receive enough support to win in a predominantly Democratic town.

Bloomberg won big in Staten Island and in Queens
The other counties Ferrer was more competitive.

SI by 70% over 30% for Ferrer.
in queens by 40 pts.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Lucky New York

New York City is lucky that no matter who they would have voted for out of Bloomberg and Ferrer , they would still have had a great mayor,becuase to me both of these candidates were more than qualified to be mayor.Both of them native new yorkers who came out of poverty stricken streets to achieve success .These guys care about New York .Here in jersey we didnt have the same luck but we did get Jon Corzine so thats a plus

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
FuegoAzul21 said:
New York City is lucky that no matter who they would have voted for out of Bloomberg and Ferrer , they would still have had a great mayor,becuase to me both of these candidates were more than qualified to be mayor.Both of them native new yorkers who came out of poverty stricken streets to achieve success .These guys care about New York .Here in jersey we didnt have the same luck but we did get Jon Corzine so thats a plus
What part of jersey do you live in?
Whose your mayor, Sharpe James:laugh:

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
What part of jersey do you live in?
Whose your mayor, Sharpe James:laugh:

no i dont live in Newark(spend quite a part of my day there,family there too), I live in Union City (raised there too) and my mayor is Brian P.Stack.Jersey is good they just got to do something about this real estate bubble, a house in the poorest neighorhood can go as high as $400,000 and in the suburbs prices are going up as well ,definitly a great time to sell the house if you are planning to move out of state or south jersey , but the worst time to buy (especially in the north) .The real estate agents are loving it though.