need a good collections agency

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I need a good collections agency, I have been advised that most are thieves and have experienced this personally with a number of individual lawyers as well.

Does anyone know of any?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Well in case anyone is interested...

I found a US lawfirm that does collections in the DR (through affiliates I'm sure) at a pretty good rate, don't have any concrete results yet but things look very hopeful.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
In Puerto Plata.............

.............the only ones I have seen run around on motorcycles with walkie talkies chasing people and breaking their legs...........seems effective.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't Bother!!

Ever heard the expresion, "Good Money After Bad"? That applies to your situation.I have a few friends who have tried,all have failed.One even had a contract that called for "Binding Arbitration" in Miami if "problems" arose.It was a multi-million dollar expansion project at the Cervezaria National!Nothing has happened in 5 years ,and their equipment is still impounded! They gave up about 3 years ago!
Rule one in the DR is never give credit,and NEVER pay before the job is done,or the service recieved!
You will find thousands of lawyers:bandit: to take your case.NONE on contingency! They do nothing,and keep asking for more money!Forget it! You were "Had" now learn from it and move on!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Collections in the DR are usually done by attorneys from the start. Most collections are done on a contingency ("cuota-litis"), usually 30%. Lower rates can be negotiated if the amount is high or if there is no need to go to court.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
Well these guys only get paid based on what they collect. Wasn't my idea to hire them actually, I amassed considerable arrears with my suppliers because of unwillingness on the part of my customers to pay. These are the lawyers that are collecting from me.

So I turned over my bad debts to them, and it appears things are going well because now they want to know what to do with the extra money after my creditors are paid off.