Dominican Stuff In Canada !!!!!!

Campesino

May 18, 2002
Well it?s finally a reality!!! Dominican products are now available in Canada!! After a year of research, contacting importers and distributors we now have a regular supply of some of the most frequently used products. Maggi, Baldom, Vanilla, Mistolin, Flan, and lots more, Cafe Santo Domingo is in transit. Lots of products will be added as the need arises, so let us know what you would like to see in the future, simply click on "contact seller? while viewing any product, and we will do our best. We are located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and ship anywhere in Canada and USA. We have a temporary web site up until our new site is running. Check out our ad in the classifieds on DR1. And visit us on the web, thanks for your support.

www.micolmado.ca

Jun 5, 2004
Im wondering... if there is a website for Canada then there must be a website for the US does anyone have that Info. I will be really intrested.

Campesino

May 18, 2002
US Store??

Hello, thank you for your interest. Micolmado.ca is a small business my wife and I have started. It is a hobby right now, we both have full time jobs ( She is from Santo Domingo and I had resided there for some time) We got tired of running out of basic products that were easily available throughout the D.R. and some hot spots in the US; Miami and NY. As all Canucks know its nearly impossible to find anything here in Canada. We first bought a few cases and made the products available to friends of friends who once called the island home. It took off from there and now we have a full functioning web site under construction and plans to add many new products. As for a US store, there are some on the net, most have a minimum, we dont, order as much or as little as you like. A lot of our clients are from the USA. Feel free to contact us with any questions. Have a great day.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
My husband and I looked into doing the same thing, but decided we just didn't have time.

Two words. Presidente. Brugal. That's what we run out of and miss!:classic:

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Fantastic! Thank you!

Cafe Santo Domingo - I will be ordering that for sure. Whole beans? I hope so. Pls let me know when you have some.

And you take Paypal - another bonus and and no duty!

I think this is a great idea - and looks like you will have some U.S. interest too. I know where to get some of these items in Kensington market in Toronto, but the items that are specific to DR will certainly be nice to have.

Yeah-Presidente would be nice..... but importing alcohol into Ontario is a real P.A. - ends up not being worth the trouble. Perhaps if enough of us Ontarians request it we could get it brought in via LCBO. You never know.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Are you in Hamilton or Orillia? I have found Maggi here in Belleville, but now that my mother-in-law lives with us and does the cooking, I'm going to need a re-supply of spices.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
We have Maggi in Calgary, too. I can't tell if the Maggi pictured is sopita or not, because it doesn't expand. So if not, I would suggest sopita, because I'm told Maggi is the only kind to buy. Also, cinnamon sticks (the good, cheap kind), gandules, and naranja agria are some things I'd like to be able to buy here. I also agree about HN's suggestion of Cafe Santo Domingo.

Campesino

May 18, 2002
Maggi Products

Hello to all, thank you for your great replies. We hope you enjoy the site and products offered. Cafe Santo Domingo is coming, but its ground, not whole beans, I will definately order beans next time also, sorry!!!! Maggi products are sopitas and soups, all different kinds, winter is just around the corner and we personally use a few a week. Nothing like a soup and sandwhich as an easy meal on a cool night. Bob, I was living in Orillia, but were now back in Hamilton. I have visited the Kessington Market also, definately reccomend a visit, almost like being in the D.R., lots of street vendors and shops. Plan to stay a while so you have time to check out the place. Ok, now for the Booze thats on most Canucks minds, Brugal is now sold here in Hamilton and Toronto, im sure other places as well, go to the LCBO website type in Brugal Rum and presto, it will tell you what stores carry it and how many in stock. Presidente, well forget it, I was getting some from a friend in NY who visited a few times a year, but not a constant supply, again sorry. Any more requests?? Let us know. Have a good day.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Brugal / Presidente in Canada

Brugal

The Canadian Rep. for Brugal is Felix Jimenez of Toronto who is the uncle of Felix Jimenez the Tourism Minister in the present DR Government. I am informed by some Debbie's posters in Ontario that Brugal Costa Dorada and Brugal Anejo are carried in some LCBO stores.. I am informed by Mr. Jiminez (Toronto) that the Costa Dorada bottles in Ontario actually contain Anejo and the Anejo bottles actually contain Extra Viejo. I have no way to confirm this. Contact the LCBO to determine where Brugal products are sold.

Presidente

At present, Presidente is not available anywhere in Canada AFAIK. The closest place I am aware of it being available is a store in Rochester, NY called Beers of the World. Google it and you will find it. We have it at the annual Debbie's Fiesta which next year is in July in Trenton, ON on July 15 courtesy of our Rochester connection (you know who you are).

One of our posters at Debbie's has the dubious honour of having to read the Canadian Tradmark Journal every week as part of his job.

Last week (the week of Nov. 2, 2005) there was an application for "Presidente Dominicana" beer from the Cerveceria Naciaonal Dominicana.

It is for proposed use on wares in Canada!

There is hope for the future, maybe a joint venture or more likely a licensing agreement!!

All is current to the best of my knowledge.

Gregg

Campesino

May 18, 2002
Micolmado.ca is a success!!!

Thank all of you at DR1 for your posts and visiting the web site. We`ve had some sales in the past few days. All the hard work has paid off. My wife and I race for the computer at night to check if there are any new messages, its quite funny:classic: ... If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please feel free to contact us. Once again, thank you for your support.

Campesino...

www.micolmado.com

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Lemisol!!!

That's what you need, Campesino!

:classic: (ok, not totally kidding...)

Campesino

May 18, 2002
Web site update.

Hello everyone, I`ve had a few emails lately about the dead link to the website. Shorly after it was set up, the hosting company went out of business. After all the hard work and expenses down the drain, I chose to go the simple route to see how things would work out. You can find all the original products and a couple more at www.blujay.com/micolmado.
If you have any questions or requests, please email me. Thank you.
Micolmado

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Campesino,

On my last visit to Sosua, I was surprised to see that they had "Decaf Coffee" Would you be getting any of that. And if you do is it possible for someone to buy from you in person? This is weird and I just wanted to mention it. There are some things that I can't find in the US/Canada, but to my surprise I found in the Supermercado in Sosua. I am a fan of "Brachs" candies. Their peppermints are the best, but I found the Cinammon discs there and I have not been able to find them anywhere in Buffalo/NYC or Toronto. So I stocked up or so I thought . I have to wait until June to get some more. Sorry, I needed to get that out.