Does Anyone know the Hotel Venezia in Santo Domingo?

JHT

Mar 30, 2004
I am planning a trip for Feb-Mar to the DR and was wondering if anyone has heard of the Hotel Venezia on Avenida Independencia? I heard rumor that they have a pool on the roof and that the suites have kitchens as well. Has anyone stayed there that can give me their opinion of this small boutique hotel? Many Thanks...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I stayed there a few times. It is a clean well run hotel. However I would try and get one of the suites with a balcony facing the front. There are two or three of them. The other rooms are small and a bit cramped. I know of no pool, but I never asked.

They have a small restaurant for breakfast and snacks that is very good. The location is good also. You are near the back entrance of the Juaraga Hotel and within walking distance of many nice restaurants

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Sky, Venezia is not that close to the back entrance of the Jaragua. Maybe you were thinking about the Riazor? Venezia is further down independencia closer to the colonial zone, right across the street from the gas station in the triangle shaped intersection.

I have never stayed there but have been there while shooting video for Continental airlines. The place looked pretty decent. Not in the same league as the jaragua, melia, intercontinental, but probably a step up from duque de wellington, casona dorada etc.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
rafael said:
Sky, Venezia is not that close to the back entrance of the Jaragua. Maybe you were thinking about the Riazor? Venezia is further down independencia closer to the colonial zone, right across the street from the gas station in the triangle shaped intersection.

I have never stayed there but have been there while shooting video for Continental airlines. The place looked pretty decent. Not in the same league as the jaragua, melia, intercontinental, but probably a step up from duque de wellington, casona dorada etc.

I am sorry; I mixed the loacation with the Hotel Italia. But the other information I posted is correct.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
NO POOL!
Very easy to use V Centenario pool.
Jaragua Pool might cost you a RD 100 Peso propina to sneak in.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Or for a smalelr not as nice pool that never seems to have anyone in it, Casona Dorada is very close to teh Venezia, and as long a syou are buying drinks and food, they should not have any problems, or at least they never used to!