Puerto Rico - Rd Business

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
Allow me to get this ball rolling and see if there are real business persons interested.

I will consider a partnership or "joint venture" to take adavantage of business oportunities in Puerto Rico and RD.

It is a matter of considering what you do best (offer goods or services) and study the markets and potential competitions in both islands.

A call center serving customers from Puerto Rico would be considered, I am inclined to hi-tec ventures. I am also thinking about alternative fuels, alternative electric power sources, wireless broadband service, data, voice (triple play)

If a person is responsible/reliable and can provide a good service I can help get lots of customers.

I know both Island very well, specially Puerto Rico. I have properties in PR and co-owner (option to buy) a residencial/commercial property near Mexico ave and 30 de marzo ave, close to everything, have VERY good political "conections" in RD, just need go there more often, last time I went there was during year 2000 !, as you know begining the new millenium things went downhill everywhere.

For those of you who are not familiar, Puerto Rico is part of the USA, 90 miles away from RD, no travel restrictions from PR to mainland usa.

Population is 4 millions, speak spanish. Minimum wage will soon go from 5.15 to 5.35 dollars an hour. A passenger/carrgo Ferry (ship) travel between the two island on a regular basis and airlines go to el Cibao, north in RD. You don't see the kind of poverty you see in DR, most people have their own car, mostly new and much cheaper than in RD. They travel abroad a lot, mainly to usa, Orlando and RD for vacation.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
i'm just wondering why would you try to do anything else when you told everybody on this board that you can show us all how to make 100% returns annually from the comforts of our own homes? i mean, if you have 50K USD why not sit in your house and double it in a year, and in about 4 years become a millionaire? i'm confused. :confused: :confused: :confused: :disappoin :disappoin :sleep:

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
jorge f14,

the point is what do you have to offer or what are you looking for...

Liam 1,

read read my reply to jorge f14.

to satisfy you curiosity, my answer to you is this,

it takes some kind of personality, you have to seat in from of computer all day and probably at night too, it is loner 'job', you have to read a lot to find out what is going on, it takes discipline, you have to lean and develop a techinical method, so if you are not working AND alert you dont make money.

I hope that answer your curiosity.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
A call center serving customers from Puerto Rico would be considered, I am inclined to hi-tec ventures. I am also thinking about alternative fuels, alternative electric power sources, wireless broadband service, data, voice (triple play)

Exuse my impish sense of humor and inpropriety, please, OP.

But I was just wondering if we could pull off a call center serving bagel callers from Puerto Rico. I am inclined to hi-tec bagels myself. I am also thinking about alternative bagels, wireless bagels, and triple play bagels.

With all due respect,
-- Sam

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
hi-tec said:
...Liam 1,

read read my reply to jorge f14.

to satisfy you curiosity, my answer to you is this,

it takes some kind of personality, you have to seat in from of computer all day and probably at night too, it is loner 'job', you have to read a lot to find out what is going on, it takes discipline, you have to lean and develop a techinical method, so if you are not working AND alert you dont make money.

I hope that answer your curiosity...

i'm guessing you're probably talking about Forex trading or something like that, which is not as easy as you made it sound like in the other thread. the best traders are lucky with 25-30% a year, so for a newbie 100% is near impossible. good luck with your new venture.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Samana:

What about serving bagels on a Yola with FREE WIFI?
I am sure you will have a full boat on the way to P.R.
I bet Jorge can help set up the routers.

You know a Bialy Beach Bus might work well in The Cibao on Sundays with a complimentary Listin Diario.

Last edited:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
and it could be called...

Tamborista said:
Samana:

What about serving bagels on a Yola with FREE WIFI?
I am sure you will have a full boat on the way to P.R.
I bet Jorge can help set up the routers.

You know a Bialy Beach Bus might work well in The Cibao on Sundays with a complimentary Listin Diario.

Busty Beach Babes Bringing Bailys By Bus to Businessmen or Bums.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Hi tec see tread...

there is another tread going right now where you can make this a sticky.

JOHN

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Frank, I need to be involved with that!
As long as the coffee is Jarabacoan Organic.
Although it's gets a little chili on Pico Duarte, so keeping the staff happy might be tough.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
hi-tec said:
, have VERY good political "conections" in RD, just need go there more often, last time I went there was during year 2000 !,
Your Very good political "connections" from pre-2000 are all either in exile living off their ill-gotten wealth or in jail.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
then the business

Frank the Tank said:
What about bottomless cups of coffee served by topless waitresses???

will be called-Bottomless Babes Baring Bare Breasts Bring Bagels Before Breakfast.

wow--what a stretch-I'm losing it today--Guess Friday is getting to me.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Please don't compete with me.

johne said:
will be called-Bottomless Babes Baring Bare Breasts Bring Bagels Before Breakfast.

wow--what a stretch-I'm losing it today--Guess Friday is getting to me.

Please don't give me any competition. You can see on my new thread that I have a stellar idea for a new and original coffee establishment!

We will be using Dominican Sugar, but import the actual coffee from the furthest country that we can find.

We will give jobs to Sanky Lovers, at the going local rate.

I dunno if you really want the bare breasts. SOME things are best left covered.

OP - Thanks and good luck with your venture!

hi-tec

Jun 15, 2004
TO: dr-1 administrator, moderator,

I dont mind a bit of humor, but is this a SERIOUS business forum or what?

I now people usually take things lightly when the subject may get complicated...

btw, just PR government budget is 24 billion, 4 million people, to give you an idea about the market, of course thanks to the USA.

I believe your REAL business audience is small, and/or you are not promoting your site, which i think is good.

What about publishing online a tutorial about "how to get in business" or something like that... for those that have what i takes of course. The latest should be explained right from the begining.

The more people in small business the better the economy, sorry you know that.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I suggest learning to spell "tech" with an "h" as well.

Johne's posts were a hoot, and these sort of great mystery opportunities always turn out to be so much horse crap why not have some fun?