Cabarete questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
We are booked for a week in Cabarete! I have some questions! :) We leave this Friday (18 Nov)

I read here that there is a skatepark in Cabarete. Has anyone been? I am bringing an eleven year old who loves to skate but I don't want to haul his board if this is not the case.

The nine year old wants to do a horse excursion. Can anyone recommend a tour?

As for me and my sweetie, we just want to enjoy the atmsophere and read a lot of books on the beach.

I have always wanted to learn to surf so maybe this is my year.

Besides that, local DR1ers, what are your fave spots in Cabarete?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
MaineGirl said:
I read here that there is a skatepark in Cabarete. Has anyone been? I am bringing an eleven year old who loves to skate but I don't want to haul his board if this is not the case.
I think they are referring to Extreme Hotel

www.extremehotels.com

and there are webcams on the site so you can see it right NOW; well, in the morning.

Gregg

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
There is a half pipe at Xtreme Hotels... (I saw the construction and was there for the opening, as my son was involved there - nice skating... but not for the timid..) If the lad takes to it.. you can have your computer connected to their wireless network and do some stuff while the kids are occupied.

Cabarete beach is just the right thing for hanging out and chilling. Go to the beach, spend a little money, buy some chairs and get your drinks and food be carried to you the whole day long. One day is a holiday under the palm trees..

Go to the Crystal Caves and climb up and down with a good guide... It is a must do! and swim in the cavern in the caves - don't forget to do this!.

Go for breakfast at Dicks... and chill and people watch. Have the french breakfast - they might just have good pate, or perhaps not - enjoy anyways. (Instruct the kids before hand... sometimes you see the early morning fellows with their dusky beauties recovering from the night before). Breakfast on the run, or sit-down, is always a good one at Dicks.. nice pastries and good coffee!

Take an afternoon for lunch - upstairs at Papi's (La Casita) and have platters of shrimp in a mild curry sauce and other good goodies.. while you look over the whole bay... (Not for those that do not lick their fingers and cannot bear shrimp with shells that you peel with your fingers, dip in the sauce and feed one another... ). Tell us when you're there and we'll join you ;) Just the best 'slightly boozy afternoon' with a view that you'll want to pay for and big fluffy fruity drinks.. Bring money for this one! and take your time.

Spend the afternoons lazing away at Lax, while the kids try to windsurf.. and you try it too!

Between Sosua and Cabarete, travelling towards Cabarete, there is a little horse ranch on your right... Go in there and get good horses and good guiding - ride on the beach.

For surfing, go to Encuentro (early mornings these days) and talk to the locals there. You can rent boards and rent instructors.. A good and real local surfing experience. Anyone can tell you where it is, otherwise, contact us and we'll go with you ;)

Look our for the one legged windsurfer... He is something to see.

Put the kids to bed one evening and go out on the beach at around 11 to 12... and dance the rest of the night away.

Cabarete is my second most favorite place in the world!

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
chris, thanks so much! I was hoping you or Amy would see this. Great tips--we are very much looking forward to it.

One day we should get together and have wine/beer with a view and much chitchat.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Unfortunally the Extreme hotel including the skate ramp is closed for the month of November.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
A great post Chris

Chris said:
There is a half pipe at Xtreme Hotels... (I saw the construction and was there for the opening, as my son was involved there - nice skating... but not for the timid..) If the lad takes to it.. you can have your computer connected to their wireless network and do some stuff while the kids are occupied.

Cabarete beach is just the right thing for hanging out and chilling. Go to the beach, spend a little money, buy some chairs and get your drinks and food be carried to you the whole day long. One day is a holiday under the palm trees..

Go to the Crystal Caves and climb up and down with a good guide... It is a must do! and swim in the cavern in the caves - don't forget to do this!.

Go for breakfast at Dicks... and chill and people watch. Have the french breakfast - they might just have good pate, or perhaps not - enjoy anyways. (Instruct the kids before hand... sometimes you see the early morning fellows with their dusky beauties recovering from the night before). Breakfast on the run, or sit-down, is always a good one at Dicks.. nice pastries and good coffee!

Take an afternoon for lunch - upstairs at Papi's (La Casita) and have platters of shrimp in a mild curry sauce and other good goodies.. while you look over the whole bay... (Not for those that do not lick their fingers and cannot bear shrimp with shells that you peel with your fingers, dip in the sauce and feed one another... ). Tell us when you're there and we'll join you ;) Just the best 'slightly boozy afternoon' with a view that you'll want to pay for and big fluffy fruity drinks.. Bring money for this one! and take your time.

Spend the afternoons lazing away at Lax, while the kids try to windsurf.. and you try it too!

Between Sosua and Cabarete, travelling towards Cabarete, there is a little horse ranch on your right... Go in there and get good horses and good guiding - ride on the beach.

For surfing, go to Encuentro (early mornings these days) and talk to the locals there. You can rent boards and rent instructors.. A good and real local surfing experience. Anyone can tell you where it is, otherwise, contact us and we'll go with you ;)

Look our for the one legged windsurfer... He is something to see.

Put the kids to bed one evening and go out on the beach at around 11 to 12... and dance the rest of the night away.

Cabarete is my second most favorite place in the world!

What a great post.

Forget all the negative nitpicking waste of time reading posts that frequent this board. In this case a couple of questions were asked and great useful information supplied in a reply post.

I do admitt that a lot of stupid questions do get asked on here but wouldn't it make for a better 'board' if they were just answered briefly and politely.

I 'copied and pasted' this information from Chris and will put some of it to good use in my next visit down there shortly.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.