The BEST DR experience... but in Toronto!

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
Hey everyone,

I haven't posted in a while and really, I haven't been on the board too much since I decided to stay in Canada and go back to university...I miss the DR too much and am trying my best not to think of it in order to keep my priorities straight.

Anyhow, I went to the FRIENDLY DOMINICAN RESTAURANT tonight and was completely flooded with memories of everything I experienced in the DR. What a great restaurant that is! I had been there twice before and tonight, I will still impressed and very pleased with the service and everything that comes with it. It was so nice and I think it was the best time I've had in quite some time...that is, of course, since the last time I went in May with all of you who managed to make it!

There is nothing better than being able to escape from Canadian society, even if just for a few hours. So for those of you who introduced me to that restaurant, I want to thank you. And for all those others who live in and/or close to Toronto and have never been there...MAKE SURE YOU GO! It's worth it. Delicious food, great service and of course, live music, which is my favourite part. I love how he comes and sings at your table! And the singer is so great too, sounds just like Anthony Santos!

Anyways, I just wanted to share that with everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying themselves in the DR, but don't tell me about it, I'll go crazy.

lilcanadiangal :glasses:

Kristina_T

Oct 26, 2004
I would like to know more...

Hey there,

I was wondering what this little gem is called, and where is it exactly? Is it the same as that "Las Brisas" place I've read about on here?

Please and thanks for the info...

Kristina_T

Nini

Jul 28, 2005
Kristina_T said:
Hey there,

I was wondering what this little gem is called, and where is it exactly? Is it the same as that "Las Brisas" place I've read about on here?

Please and thanks for the info...

Kristina_T

It's called the Friendly Dominican Restaurant and it is located on St.Clair W.

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
close but....

mario melvin said:
la briza is a nice club u should go,is located in keel and high way 7.

Las Brisas is located on Rivalda Rd, just 1 light east of Weston Rd and Sheppard. It is really good, I go almost every sunday. (Domingos dominicanos) $5 and they serve a free buffet at about 10:30-11pm

The club you are talking about is called Latin Fever. Not as good as Las Brisas because I find a younger tigere clientele frequent that place.

Last I checked Friendly Dominican had an all you can eat buffet (dominican Cuisine por supuesto!! ) On sunday and monday evenings. It is like $15.00

MG

lindalin1

Jan 2, 2006
I have been to Las Brisas and Latin Fever...I find that all the white girls throw themselves at the dominicans and then the next week they are with someone else...those places are great to go and listen to the music and dance but they are such pick up joints...I have lived in the domincan for a couple of years and really, really, like the people..There was never a dull moment and everyone are really friendly.....over there you can dance with someone, and just dance..in Toronto...you dance with someone and all of a sudden they think they own you.....I will check you the restaurant you mentioned and may I suggest ..LULA Lounge..it is more cuban then dominican but the atmosphere is the same...good luck...

ladycake1

Dec 28, 2005
To the person that posted about Patrick Henry Mall . THANK YOU!! I will look into finding her tomorrow. If you have any more info I would appreciate it. Thanks Again

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I checked the web site and the Dominican restaurant looks like a nice place. We might go there.

Every year we go to the Latino Festival In the Summer in North York. There was a sign there that offered free Spanish Lessons and we neglected to get the phone number, but I noticed that the Dominican restaurant offers free dance lessons on Fri & Sat. so we might check them out.

If anyone knows where they offer Spanish lessons in Toronto can you let me know.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
My most fun experiences were going to Las Brisas a few years ago, I was a regular ;) They had friday nights and Sunday nights it was so much fun!! A lot of Dominicans and the music was great!!! It was busy line ups outside especially on long weekends, those were the days!! It wasn't the same in the last year or two but I hear it's getting good again. I haven't been there in a long while but I will have to check it out soon! :)

I always have a great time at the Friendly Dominican Restarurant, great food, music and I feel like I'm in the DR again :) Too bad no presidente :D

A lot of clubs in TO offer dance lessons before the club opens!

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Friendly Dominican Restaurant

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I have been to this restaurant twice and I must say this is a five star Dominican restaurant. The ambiance is perfect starting from the decor, to the music, to the food and the service is supreme. I am always proud to take a friend to Friendly Dominican Restaurant.

I respectfully disagree regarding Toronto Latin clubs- that's where Montreal wins hands down! My opinion of course but I am sure if you experience Montreal nightlife you will understand what I mean.

Salut

LDG.

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
Hey everyone,

This is my first time I'm posting. I always on to the wedsite reading what everyone else has to say, but I never put my input. I just really have a question. My question is How many Dominians live in Canada? I'm from New York and I am in aww on how many people live in Canada. I always thought Dominicans always went to the United States. I want to visit Canada one day I hear its beauiful; Especially Toronto. I'm thinking about visiting what season is best to visit?

I also hear you know alot of info. on spanish nightclubs. Let me know.
Thank you.

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
Hey everyone,

This is my first time I'm posting. I always on the wedsite reading what everyone else has to say, but I never put my input. I just really have a question. My question is How many Dominians live in Canada? I'm from New York and when I read the post people leave am in aww on how many people live in Canada. I always thought Dominicans always went to the United States. I want to visit Canada one day I hear its beauiful; Especially Toronto. I'm thinking about visiting what season is best to visit?

I also hear you know alot of info. on spanish nightclubs. Let me know.
Thank you.

RP23

Jul 15, 2005
Hey everyone,

This is my frist time posting. I'm always online reading what everyone has to say, but I never put my thoughts. I have a questions everything I read a post I always see that many of you are from Canada and not from New York. How many Dominicans live in Canada? I always thought that most of the Dominicans lived in the United States mostly New York and Florida. I want to visit Canada one day; Tell me more about it and especially Toronto. I hear its beautiful!!! Please let me know when would it be a great time to visit Canada? and What to do there? I also know you have a list of great Spanish nightclubs I can visit. So let me know.

Thanks...

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I will be brief because I have to go...

The hub of the Latino population in Canada is in its two largest cities- Toronto and Montreal. Both have a significant Latino population but very different in terms of Latino nationalities.

Montreal- home of the Dominican community in Canada par excellence! As well, there is a large Peruvian community in fact it is the largest Latin community in Montreal followed by Dominicans and then Salvadorians. There's also a fair size Mexican population and a rapidly growing Colombian community. Lots of cultural events, Dominican day parade every August as well many Dominican sponsored events. Montreal North is where Dominicans predominantly live and own many establishments in Montreal- hair salons, corner stores, restaurants, body shops etc. Latin nightlife- awesome- period!

Toronto- has an even larger Latin community but not as grouped as Montreal. There is a small Dominican community but really small in comparison to Montreal. However, there is a large South American presence. The largest groups are Salvadorians and Ecuadorians and then there is a fair balance of the other groups. Latin nightlife is okay (but I am a Montrealer so I am biased). There are a few good clubs, community events galore. Seek and thou shall find.

The best time to come is in the summer of course-which city to visit I would say both. Most go for Toronto because people are intimidated or worried about speaking French in Montreal. Language is a non-issue. Toronto has gained its own popularity over the years.

Regarding names of clubs send me a PM and I will give you some suggestions in both cities.

Overall both cities have much to offer but Montreal Latinos are more tightly knit.

LDG.

Last edited: