Basket balls in DR

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
A friend of mine asked me to bring down (2) Spalding basketballs for him when I go down in two weeks.Said he would pay me. Not in a postion to ask him why do I need to bring 2 bb?
They cost about $20 here in NYC. Anybody---why am I bringing these-are they that expensive or not available?

JOHN

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Spalding basketballs costs from 800-2000 pesos depending on if it is outdoor or indoor basketballs. So there might be a reason if he is looking for the real thing..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
That Way,He Can Keep One And Sell The Other!

If you bring two,he can sell one,and still play some "Hoop"with the other!
By-The-Way,let the air out of them before you come.They will explode on the plane if you don't!;)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Sep 19, 2005
a spaulding basket ball in NY that sells for $20 is a piece of junk.......even a cheap synthetic leather basketball will cost at least $50 if it is decent.. and a leather one that used indoors will be $75.....the $20 ball, is rubber junk, that can be bought anywhere in the world......I have a bunch of older Bballs, i should do as CC suggest let the air out and bring them down.,....then when the guy that walks up to the car at the red lights asks for money..Ill just throw a B ball at him..ha ha ha ha....love to see his eyes grow!!!! Loco americano!!!!!!!.......bob

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Like many things nowadays, your young friend thinks that he has to have the very best basketball on the market, otherwise you are one cheap bastard.

Ask your friend where he is going to play. If he tells you that it will be on an indoor court, spend the bucks and get them a good ball. If it outdoors, get a good street ball and tell them that that is what Michael Jordan used when he was young.

This is the price we have to pay for living so close to the US tha every kid on the block knows the best brand of baseball equipment, basketball shoes and balls and whatever else in sports ware. Kids that don't eat three times a day want $250 Judo gis!!....Kids 11 or 12 want RD$4000- RD$5000 peso Ping Pong paddles!! It is obscene!

HB :grumbling:

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
I live in the Los Angeles area, kids here want 200-500 dollars shoes, so they get mug in their schoolsground! That is the way of the world, eveyone wants the best whatever. When my youngest daughter was 13-15 she played tennis in her high school her equipment was the same as the pro. If you can't afford the equipment you just keep away from teams sport.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Try telling that

mariaobetsanov said:
I live in the Los Angeles area, kids here want 200-500 dollars shoes, so they get mug in their schoolsground! That is the way of the world, eveyone wants the best whatever. When my youngest daughter was 13-15 she played tennis in her high school her equipment was the same as the pro. If you can't afford the equipment you just keep away from teams sport.
to all the aspiriring young boys doing wind sprints on the beach that want to play baseball for the Yankees.The beach in BC or San Pedro isnt exactly Malibu.

JOHN

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Hillbilly said:
Like many things nowadays, your young friend thinks that he has to have the very best basketball on the market, otherwise you are one cheap bastard.

Ask your friend where he is going to play. If he tells you that it will be on an indoor court, spend the bucks and get them a good ball. If it outdoors, get a good street ball and tell them that that is what Michael Jordan used when he was young.

This is the price we have to pay for living so close to the US tha every kid on the block knows the best brand of baseball equipment, basketball shoes and balls and whatever else in sports ware. Kids that don't eat three times a day want $250 Judo gis!!....Kids 11 or 12 want RD$4000- RD$5000 peso Ping Pong paddles!! It is obscene!

HB :grumbling:

Spot on HB!

I see it here daily, with my own son, but more with his friends, no matter what level of society they come from.
They know the brand of the best of baskedballs, the latest PlayStation or computer games, the newest song... Gosh, they are aware of those things today!:surprised