Dancing - Cabarete/Sosua?

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Hi all!
My vacation is getting closer............Dec 5-13th! Can't wait! A girlfriend is coming to visit my last few days there. My question is......where can two forty-something females go to dance and burn some calories : ) and not be obnoxiously bothered by the sankies? Or am I dreaming!!!! Does the nightlife still start really late? Getting to Puerto Plata at night is NOT an option.
Thanks for your input.
Sunny

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
You're out of luck. Such a place does not exist in Cabarete/Sosua, where there's dancing, unfortunately there are sankys.

Enjoy!

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Hmmmm....................that bad huh? I lived there years ago and remember that they (sankies) were always around .................but they'd usually back off if we made it clear we were not interested. Some places had more than others. Would they still back off now? I used to see some cases where they could be quite obnoxiously aggressive!

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Don't buy them ANYTHING and they'll get the point ...... don't accept anything from them and they'll get the point too. Dance with them, sure, but walk away without giving them the opening for a conversation and you'll be fine :D

Stay well,
Amy
(liking Santiago and the Capital more and more)

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
So............where are the places to go to dance? I am so out of touch with that whole scene!
Thank you.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
As far as I know it's just Onno's and Bambu (and the only reason I know is due to a conversation last night about Cabarete with a friend of mine, I haven't been 'out' there in almost a year), right next to each other. If you stand on the beach between the two of them you can hear both songs playing and pick whichever one suits you best to dance to :D

Stay well,
Amy

P.S. Cabarete is an old stomping ground for me ..... it'd be interesting to read your feedback when you get back from your vacation.

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
It is for me too! I go back to Cabarete regularily but havent been "out" in that scene for years! I just thought I would check out options in case my girlfriend and I are energetic one night! Although, we may not make it at all! We are both runners and tend to get up early to run so when 9:00pm comes around we are too pooped! : ) Quite a difference from what I used to do! Dance and party all night and work all day................where did that energy go???? ; )
I will let you know what the experience is like if we make it out!
BTW are you the Amy that has a natural line of products? If so, so you have a shop that we can visit?

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Yes, that's me :) The shops were originaly done as a private- market test, we had them both open for 6 months, one in Cabarete and one in Sosua. They're both closed now but if you would like to take a look at what we have to offer check it out here: www.islandbodies.com

Stay well,
Amy

Last edited: