ALBERT PUJOLS wins NL MVP

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Pujols, the St. Louis Cardinals' first baseman, received 18 first-place votes and 14 seconds for 378 points in balloting by the Baseball Writers' Association of America. Jones, the Atlanta Braves' center fielder, got 13 firsts, 17 seconds and two thirds for 351 points.

it was about time that Pujols got what he deserved.. every yr he had mvp
numbers.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I agree with you. :)

Pujols finally won the award!!! The past few years he should have won it as well.

Congrats to Pujols!!! :classic:

May 12, 2005
No argument here, Pujols was most deserving. He has consistently put up great numbers in his short career. Both MVP Awards went to Dominicans this year. How about that??

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Pujols is an amzing athlete. On the other hand, you have disgraced cheaters such as Giambi and Raffy who took steroids.

A-Rod and Pujols and Colon. Wow, Dominican power!!! ;)

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
4th year in a row a Dominican has won the AL MVP. Also, this is the list of the top 4 finishers in the AL this year:

Alex Rodriguez
David Ortiz
Vladimir Guerrero
Manny Ramirez

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
NY1 said:
4th year in a row a Dominican has won the AL MVP. Also, this is the list of the top 4 finishers in the AL this year:

Alex Rodriguez
David Ortiz
Vladimir Guerrero
Manny Ramirez

Four future Hall of Famers. :classic:

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
NY1 said:

Alex Rodriguez
David Ortiz
Vladimir Guerrero
Manny Ramirez

not to go off topic but just an observation... in this yr world series there weren't that many hispanics on the teams... astros (mostly white players);
white sox (a few hispanics.... manager, contreras, duke, among others).

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Where's the Outrage???

Yes, Pujols finally won the MVP. I never hear anyone (in the media) saying that this should have been his 3rd MVP (I believe he finished second 2 other times) because he's twice lost to the steroid bound Bonds!! Few things irk me about sports but this one does. Bonds, at the very least should be stripped of his MVP awards!!

Good going latinos!!

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
DRPAWA said:
Yes, Pujols finally won the MVP. I never hear anyone (in the media) saying that this should have been his 3rd MVP (I believe he finished second 2 other times) because he's twice lost to the steroid bound Bonds!! Few things irk me about sports but this one does. Bonds, at the very least should be stripped of his MVP awards!!

Good going latinos!!

the sad thing is that mlb wants bond to break hank aaron's record..
that's why they're not really going after him on steroids. They really
went after giambi and others,, but not Bonds. Bonds is good for them (mlb) b/c it brings more people into baseball. I think Bonds should not go to cooperstown.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Agree! No to Cooperstown!

I wouldn't vote for him to go into Cooperstown. Then again, just like he's used by MLB to bring fans to the ballpark, I'm sure he'll have the same effect at Cooperstowns.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
THE GAME said:
the sad thing is that mlb wants bond to break hank aaron's record..
that's why they're not really going after him on steroids. They really
went after giambi and others,, but not Bonds. Bonds is good for them (mlb) b/c it brings more people into baseball. I think Bonds should not go to cooperstown.

I agree with you. :)

Bonds' home run streak has brought the fans back to baseball. Especially after the 1994 strike year.

MLB wants Bonds to stick around until he retires and break the home run record.

Once Bonds retires, then I'm sure MLB will focus on other stars such as Pujols or Ortiz.

A-Rod made a smart choice to go to NYC which is a large media market and has a large Dominican community.