one more request for info

Sep 19, 2005
I called a few places in the Bayahibe-La Romana are, and the big hotels seemed booked for the day or two I want on the way back from Higuey..so i am thinking of a little further towards Santo Domingo....It would also give me a shorter drive back. i will be with my girlfriend and possibly her mother....any suggestions of a place on the beach between la romana and santo domingo.....I am leaving friday am, so i only have one day to gather info...then its pot luck while driving by!!!......thanks bob

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Boca Chica IS the beach between La Romana and Santo Domingo and you should be able to find one of hundreds of hotel rooms. Or Juan Dolio but they are all AI's on the beach, but plentiful.

Sep 19, 2005
thanks....AI is fine.......is there one I should stay away from?..or is there one someone can recomend over another..

i was talking to my buddy last night who stayed near Punta cana last year at an all inclusive and he said the hotle staff stole something EVERY single day out of their room!... the last was a pair of sneakers..they left a pair of dirty sandels in their place!.. they stole the dirty clothes left in the suitcase!....wasnt hard to discover...EMPTY suitcase every time back!....they even mentioned while at the front desk they witnessed two male workers come down and ask for the key to the lock box for room XX. and the girl just threw it to them!.......so if anyone has heard a similar story of acertain hotle its always nice to know about ahead of time... bob

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
I doubt daily theft is likely in an AI, or the story is even true. Or why this person didn't speak to management about it vs. watching their stuff disappear each day.

I avoid AI's period as they are so boring and not that great a value outside a package from outside the country.

There are nice non-AI hotels on the beach in Boca Chica- Zapata or Don Emilio's, and non beach ones that are popular like Garant, Costalunga, El Candil. If you only pay $40 for a room you can spend the difference eating out and still be ahead vs. $120-$150 a night in an AI.

Sep 19, 2005
thanks..we would want a beach front.....I remember those places as i go by, maybe even call up today before i leave work.

as far as my friend.. It is true, somepeople dont bs or make up stories...they were indifferent to this happening...they are mellow well to do and the type of people who would not get a headache bemoaning a certain level of trouble. they did mention it...do you think the staff would determine quicky who it was and punish them and admit to it...hardly....they probably got the " are you sure your missing it?..did you check , check again"..blah blah....you know there are peole who will spend an hour complaining about not getting as many french fries with their dinner as the next person and there are people who would get a terrible steak, over cooked under cooked what ever, not eat it and never say a thing, just never go back......I told them I bet that doesnt happen much because jobs are tough to come by and ****ed off guest are bad for buisness.........but ya never know......bob

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
You know something EVERY day, keys to the safe, etc.., come on, even if it was happening someone would have to be brain dead not to consult with management.

As for Boca Chica while the Hamaca is the gold standard for AI's you might want to call the Don Juan - also AI, and on the beach, a little more casual, and the Captains Club rooms are supposed to be worth the additional fee. Right next door to the Don Emilio hotel, non AI one.

Try www.bocachicabeach.net for the contact info.