Coming to DR!!!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
OK FOLKS! I am coming to DR once again for 2005 before this year is over.... :lick:
I am coming for the week of Sunday Nov 20th through Saturday Nov 26th with my brother and cousin. We will be staying at the HAMACA in Boca Chica and I will be driving around all over the place: Juan Dolio, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, San Cristobal, Yaguate, Najayo etc etc. Anyone wanna get together or recommed stuff to do would be highly appreciated. This is my 4th time back to this lovely island so I plan on this being memorable! Anything going on in the capital for that week? events? parties? poker games? LOL :nervous:
Countdown is ON!!

Jaime aka el Millonario

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
well...

badpiece33 said:
Why don't you guys come up to Sosua for the Thanksgiving bash at Eddys see the open thread about the party. Sosua 11/24 from 2pm-?
Badpiece

I would love to but i dont think my brother and cousin are up to leaving the damn resort for extended periods of time...grrrr. i wouldnt mind, but it is a hell of a long drive isnt it? i am sticking to the southern coast for now going no further than my boundaries of Najayo and Juan Dolio...but i am up for anything since i will be driving. :lick:

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Hello Millonario

it?s a long drive from Santo Domingo to Sosua, about 5 hrs driving, so you will need to plan another trip to know the area.

Im Dominican and Im living in Santo Domingo, I never have meet a DR?1 member so you could be the first one, on Sunday I will be workin till 9:30 pm. and when I finish only wants to go home, but on monday I will be off, if you came to Santo Domingo keep me posted, and we could share in the afternoon. Wont be necesary to give you a lot info I can see that you know the city.

Hit me and i will pass you my cellphone number.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
sorry

riravaga said:
Hello Millonario

it?s a long drive from Santo Domingo to Sosua, about 5 hrs driving, so you will need to plan another trip to know the area.

Im Dominican and Im living in Santo Domingo, I never have meet a DR?1 member so you could be the first one, on Sunday I will be workin till 9:30 pm. and when I finish only wants to go home, but on monday I will be off, if you came to Santo Domingo keep me posted, and we could share in the afternoon. Wont be necesary to give you a lot info I can see that you know the city.

Hit me and i will pass you my cellphone number.
Sorry I missed your post! I just got back saturday night...man what a week. im sorry i would have loved to be a first meet off DR1 forum, maybe next time i head up cause i am definately going back. my brother, cousin and I had a great time in Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, San Pedro de Macoris, estaba todo heavy. Bueno dime algo de ti, best I can do right now is keep in touch. I'll be around - Jaime :lick:

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
jalencastro said:
Sorry I missed your post! I just got back saturday night...man what a week. im sorry i would have loved to be a first meet off DR1 forum, maybe next time i head up cause i am definately going back. my brother, cousin and I had a great time in Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, San Pedro de Macoris, estaba todo heavy. Bueno dime algo de ti, best I can do right now is keep in touch. I'll be around - Jaime :lick:

well about me, now Im living and working in Santo Domingo, I come from an small town in the east, my mail is ricardovasquez@yahoo.com so keep in touch, and I can see that you learn some spanish too, it?s looks was a great trip.

I was off too from saturday afternoon till today, I have to work 1 sunday the wholeday and then get the next 2 sundays off together with my normal day off that is monday.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
bueno

riravaga said:
well about me, now Im living and working in Santo Domingo, I come from an small town in the east, my mail is ricardovasquez@yahoo.com so keep in touch, and I can see that you learn some spanish too, it?s looks was a great trip.

I was off too from saturday afternoon till today, I have to work 1 sunday the wholeday and then get the next 2 sundays off together with my normal day off that is monday.
un placer conocerte ricardo, y no te preocupes que yo soy del Ecuador entonces el espanol es lo ultimo de mis preocupaciones! LOL yes this was a great trip, my 4th time back in 2 years....i am making it an effort to go back at least ONCE every year. eso y que mi esposa es dominicana. ella es de los campos de Najayo [san cristobal], pero nosotros vivimos juntos en NUEVA YORK. pues si, este viaje fue uno de los mejores ya que mi hermano y prima y yo andabamos por donde quiera conociendo mas de este pais bello y rentamos un carro. yo hasta llegue a Najayo desde Boca Chica y no me perdi! entonces ya tu sabes, soy un experto... :lick:
estare planificando mi proximo viaje pronto. esta vez me traigo a mi mujer ya que yo visito a su pais mas frecuente! yo creo que son los celos...
well i'll be around. write me anytime

Jaime

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
jalencastro said:
Is Boca Chica still dead at night?
Did they re-open Route66??

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
yeah

Ricardo900 said:
Is Boca Chica still dead at night?
Did they re-open Route66??
i didnt see a Route 66 for that matter, but it was pretty dead at night. you have to really know what you are looking for, some bars and clubs still open. but i stayed in the Hamaca the whole time and had a really good time there. it was a holiday week, lots of people, drinking, a good time. but i also had a really good time in san pedro de macoris, i was truly impressed by the night scene there bu the malecon. awesome! :beard:

Jaime aka El Millonario

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
well

rellosk said:
Prior to it's second closing, it was renamed. I don't recall it's new name before closing.
it was my first time in boca chica so i wasnt really looking at all the local life that much. i had a rental and drove to the capital and other places of interest for that matter! LOL :bandit:

Jaime aka El Millonario

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
jalencastro said:
what they SHOULD be doing is cleaning up the public beaches...man what a mess!!! :eek:
the nice part of Boca Chica beach is in Andres 5-10 minutes west of BC, a lot of sand and no tourists, there's a small tipico there for beers and dancing.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
rellosk said:
Prior to it's second closing, it was renamed. I don't recall it's new name before closing.
The erstwhile Route 66 was open again as Piano Plaza Discoteca Caribean in mid-September. Is that closed now? How about La Criolla, the bar/restaurant next door? They had decent, inexpensive food.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
yeah

Ricardo900 said:
the nice part of Boca Chica beach is in Andres 5-10 minutes west of BC, a lot of sand and no tourists, there's a small tipico there for beers and dancing.
been there, done that, had good beer specials too! 3 for 100 pesos when i was there. nice girls too! LOL :lick:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i always liked ruta 66....not to many sankies/sankettes....had two sorta decent pool tables so one could be social with both locals and tourists...i hope its back open when i get back there in a couple of months.

I am very curious about the beach in andres tho. can u get there by guagua or moto?

about the cleanliness of the beach part in boca chica tho....they clean that beach every night whatever the tourists have left behind in the day. always have found the sand to be very clean (if perhaps well worn).

Sad to hear that calle duarte is so dead at night. IT is one thing to keep the working girls off the street....but it would be nice if they replaced THAT scene...with SOMETHING to do at night (besides going to the hamaca or going into SD).

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There is more to DR besides Route 66 and Cosmos Bro!

(Yes, I know both have been closed for over a year)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
but of course

Tamborista said:
There is more to DR besides Route 66 and Cosmos Bro!

(Yes, I know both have been closed for over a year)
look guys i was only there for 6 days. and only 3 were in Boca Chica....Andres you can get to via gua gua or if you want to try it out by moto concho. i was fortunate to befriend a boater on the beach and he would take us [me and my fam] by boat to andres and would join us for some cold ones. very nice way to meet and greet folks. he was very friendly to us all the time.
FYI from what i saw last week, most of the beach cleaning was done on the private Hamaca beach, the other beaches were a mess compared to that...but i did see some people making an effort. :rambo:
and i'll be back...

Jaime

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
jrzyguy said:
I am very curious about the beach in andres tho. can u get there by guagua or moto?
Take a moto east on 20 de deciembre, it merges with duarte and then splits up. Stay to the right towards las americas, and you will see a dirt road turn off to your left. Follow that to the beach and enjoy without tourists and vendors.

Also, I agree with you that its a shame that a perfectly good beach town in close proximity to the capital is going to waste.