Hideaway Beach Resort?

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Hello there.
Just wondering if anyone out there knows exactly how far this resort is to Cabarete or Sosua. I have read varying reports. Some say 0.3 mile, some say shuttle 15 minutes.???? Just wondering if we stayed there if we would have to have transportation to go out to bars/restaurants, etc. Also, does anyone know what the eating facilities are like in this resort.
We are seeking another resort at the last minute, as the Ocean's Manor is not going to be ready. We want ocean front. A beach is mandatory! If food is not readily avail at this resort, we want the option of preferably walking, but if not, short trip to more choices, etc.

Truthfully, anywhere will be better than up here in the great "white" north. It is freezing and snowing!! OH well,,,January will be here before you know it.

Any info on above resort would be great!!!

Meg:classic:

brit

Jun 28, 2005
you will need a vehicle. they may have a small restaurant, I am not sure.
It is about 10minutes by car to Sosua or Cabarete
I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The resort is on it's own and not walkking distance to anything entertainment or food wise. This is not an AI and you have to pay for what you consume. The facilities are very nice, much better than any of the other places you listed. The only one that comes close is Victorian House. Your 10 mins to either Cabarete or Sosua by taxi. shuttle, car etc.

Why don't you use the search function of this message board and look via Google etc. Lot's of info on this resort. Better still, email or phone them.

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Search's unsuccessful

Hi Robert. I did do a search on various sites. Thus, the conflicting reports as far as distance to other places, etc.
However, I will continue my mission. I did also email them to ask questions so possibly is a few days they will return the email.
I guess I am just a little anxious. We invited this other couple and now have to present this mess to them.
Thanks again for your time.
Meg:cry:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Hideaway Beach is almost exactly in between Sosua and Cabarete, thus 8 minutes each way by car. Also if you call, ask for Francisco, he speaks English and is the manager there.