SD Hilton Help!

SantoDomingoJoe

Nov 18, 2005
Hola,

I am staying at the Santo Domingo Hilton next week. I have several amigas Dominicanas - good mujeres - but will I have problems with them visiting my room at night (not all at the same time). I have searched this forum endlessly and found similar questions, but no answers. Surely, someone else has stayed at the Hilton and can offer insights (e.g., no problem, need to register your guest and "pay" guest fee, or no chance of them visiting you).

Please provide some guidance on the Hilton's policies, so I know whether to stay elsewhere. Note: I am in my late 20s, an abogado and my friends are decent university and white collar professionals (i.e., not putas, etc.). I speak Spanish fairly well and am a Gold elite at Hilton, if any of that helps.

I don't want my friends harassed and to be made to feel as if they are doing something wrong - which they clearly are not by visiting a male friend.

Any help is appreciated.

Joe

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I've stayed there, but I was with my family. My impression is that this hotel would not allow you to bring in girls from the street without registering them as a guest and also if they didn't look "proper".

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Well, My impression is different. I stayed at the Hilton and took some Dominican friends up to my room as well. Just two but no problem at all. Just be friendly and act like everybody is staying at the hotel. Also my friends were nice dressed. This happened around 3 am so.
Beside that, my impression is that being friendly goes a long way. All over the world I have taken people up to my room at night, I never asked, always walked straight to the elevator. If they said something I always answered very polite and friendly. Cant remember that I had problems anywere.