Where can a find a place to party in Juan Dolio

WBALKE

Jul 3, 2004
Hi Guys,

I will be in Juan Dolio during the 1st week of December. While this is not my 1st trip to the Dominican Republic, it will be my 1st time in Juan Dolio. Where can I find the best bar, restaraunt and disco in Juan DOlio. In addition are the banks (atms) in close proximity to the Costa Caribe? I usually travel with cash and a credit and or debit card. I am considering using the American Express Travlers Cheque Card. Is that a good idea? Thanks in advance for your help.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Hi from Santo Domingo, come with some cash too, we never know when the ATM is down or doesn?t have money, almost all companies here has automatic payrolls so a lot workers has ATM cards and sometimes it?s doesn?t has money.

About the bars I don?t know anything about the area, but you will be near to Boca Chica and Santo Domingo so will be easy to jump to one of the points.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Costa Caribe has an ATM!

Also there is an ATM down the street at Banco Popular......

Check out Guilia's Cafe Monday night for live band and street party.

Also Cappucino bar has music and dancing nightly .....great coffe, lunches and icy cold Presidente during the day.

Lots of good restaurants along the beach road.....just follow your nose!

sunman6

Jun 9, 2002
We love the restaurant in Juan Dolio whose name means "Dream". Can't think of the Spanish word. Nice food, reasonable prices and lovely service. Never had a problem finding an atm with cash and the restaurants all took credit cards. We liked the breakfast at Costa Caribe. Boca Chica has a lot of pricey restaurants. Enjoy!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
The restaurant is El Sueno......

and it is good but there are others at the far end of the road also that are very good.
Night life is relatively quiet in JD but Boca Chica is just a short guagua ride away!

wild1apache

Nov 21, 2005
I just came back from Juan Dolio two weeks ago. First of all, where are you staying? I beleive the restaurant the other person was referring to is called "sue?o". I did not go there however. There isn't a whole lot to do in Juan Dolio. We rented a car and went into Santo Domingo and to Boca Chica. Boca Chica is most likely going to be your best bet. It is about a 15 minute or so drive. I really hope you have a great time. If you are staying at Barcelo Capella (which is where we stayed), they do have a nightly show and a disco. The show was amusing and the disco was not that good, Have Fun whatever you do!

WBALKE

Jul 3, 2004
Thanks for your response. I have booked both the Coral Caribe & Embassy Suites. I will cancel one of them this week. I haven?t decided, but I am leaning toward staying at the Costa Caribe. My understanding is that the Embassy Suites is a bit of a hike to the beach and other restaurants and bars. I am a little concerned about the nightlife in Juan Dolio. I have stayed in Santo Domingo, Boca Chica, San Pedro. In addition I have had the opportunity to visit LaRomana and Higuey. I wasn?t planning to do much traveling around the country this trip. But I was looking forward to enjoying some snorkeling and golf during the day and some partying at night. Any help that can be offered would be appreciated. Thanks.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
juan dolio

was in juan dolio in september was thinking of purchasing either a condo at costa del sol or villa in metro country club any updates on the constructio project on the beach costa del sol

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
it´s looks to be a nice proyect, I saw on tv cople of weeks ago that sales are going very good, so you must do it soon if you don´t want to loose the opportunity