Announcing a New & Different Blog - Meet the Green Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Today marks the official launch of a project that started as a idea in a meeting I had in La Vega last August with a few DR1ers.

It is the first blog we know of dedicated to environment issues in the Dominican Republic -- and even if it isn't the first, we aim to make it the best, most unique and most interesting. We hope you'll agree.

Why do I keep saying "we"? Because it's a team effort. Find out what I mean by following the link below to the blog:

http://www.dr1.com/blogs/?u=environment

Hopefully the link will be listed soon in the DR1 blog index.

We welcome all suggestions, feedback, both here and in the blog. Blog topic ideas, things you'd like to see tackled, welcomed! And if there are any more interested and talented volunteers out there that I haven't tapped already, either email the Team at greenteam@dr1.com or PM or email me through the DR1 message board.

Keith R
Green Team "Capitan"

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Congratulations! I think this is awesome. Can you enable the comments on the blog so we can respond to you?

I look forward to reading this on a regular basis, learning and being able to do my part to help the environment.

As a suggestion with each issue you raise, can you put several little things that each and every one of us can do to help out. This could be a regular feature and allows all of us to do something to help.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Thanks, planner.

Actually, I enabled the comments function, but the comments links are not being displayed for some reason. I'll check the template code and see what's up. Thanks for pointing that out!

Also, thanks for the suggestion. Duly noted! Not sure we can do suggested actions for individuals for each and every subject we plan to cover, but we'll give it a go. ;)

Best Regards,
Keith

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
heheh! Watch your pm in the next day or so. Some requests are coming your way - Let me just clear it with Keith first.. ;)

planner said:
Congratulations! I think this is awesome. Can you enable the comments on the blog so we can respond to you?

I look forward to reading this on a regular basis, learning and being able to do my part to help the environment.

As a suggestion with each issue you raise, can you put several little things that each and every one of us can do to help out. This could be a regular feature and allows all of us to do something to help.

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Wonderful some of my favorite and most respected friends and cyber friends from DR1. What a great team what a great idea. I hope to provide my doscientos centavos (inflation!) and my grain of salt in the hope of having a environmental safer home country.

Congratulations Equipo Verde!!

Lina

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Great job Keith and crew. I am looking forward to reading!

Color and background is a litle rough on the eyes though:cross-eye. Is that going to be permanent??

Larry

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
linamia said:
Wonderful some of my favorite and most respected friends and cyber friends from DR1. What a great team what a great idea. I hope to provide my doscientos centavos (inflation!) and my grain of salt in the hope of having a environmental safer home country.

Congratulations Equipo Verde!!

Lina
Thanks, Lina. Hope we live up to your expectations.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Larry said:
Great job Keith and crew. I am looking forward to reading!

Color and background is a litle rough on the eyes though:cross-eye. Is that going to be permanent??

Larry
Thanks, Larry.

LOL Did Rob put you up to those color and background remarks? My answer to you is same as to him: this is what the team voted on.

But we'll probably modify and clean it up some as we move forward.

Me, I'm more concerned with content. ;)

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Two thumbs up!!

Tremendous idea! Here's hoping it becomes the next forum on DR1!
Perhaps some of us can suggest simple and cheap ways to help in eliminating poisons & politicians that are so detrimental to DR's well-being!

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Don Juan said:
Tremendous idea! Here's hoping it becomes the next forum on DR1!
Perhaps some of us can suggest simple and cheap ways to help in eliminating poisons & politicians that are so detrimental to DR's well-being!
Thanks for the compliment, Juan.

Actually DR1 already has an environment forum. The Green Team wants to try a different approach than the typical message thread, something always informative and positive, forward-looking, in a medium (the blog) where the cynics cannot troll at will or spark petty wars of words.

As for the your last suggestion, I think we'll steer clear of that one! Don't want to be labeled as terrorists by the authorities! ;) :cheeky:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Larry said:
Ok, I'll see if it is easier to read with my shades on:glasses:

Larry
Larry, I'll make a deal with you: you stop serving as the front for Robert's discontent with the template chosen by the Team, and I won't make any jokes about you fetching his coffee. :cheeky:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Keith R said:
Larry, I'll make a deal with you: you stop serving as the front for Robert's discontent with the template chosen by the Team, and I won't make any jokes about you fetching his coffee. :cheeky:
I really, do not like the color. This has nothing to do with Roberts opinion. Of course I am still looking forward to reading as it is a great idea.

As far as the coffee jokes, I am immune to them at this point so fire away my friend :classic:.

Larry

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Well, reading it is all we ask. We don't ask anyone to marvel at our fashion sense. ;)

Well, if and when you join the Team, you can vote on whether and how we alter the blog. Until the team goes for something else, you (and Robert) will just have to live with it.

Keith

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What do they say about assuming...

As for the coffee comment, 95% of you would sell your own mother's to live his life :)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Congratulations Equipo Verde!! :classic:

If you need Graphic Design done count me in, no charge!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Good Luck & Congratulations to the "GREEN TEAM"!!!!

Thank God,a REAL BLOG on DR1!!
No more,"I went dancing last night!" Blogs!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Oh no. My first entry on the Green Team blog was going to be called 'I went dancing last night and was horrified at all the styrofoam cups, sound pollution and fumes from motoconchos at the disco terraza'. Delete and start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.