Golf at Guavaberry X-mas time!

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
I hope I am posting on the rigth place and that this post meets the guidelines.

My husband and I are members at Guavaberry Golf Club, and will be in the DR for X-mas, we will get in on the 22 and leave on the 3rd.

I was hoping to find couple of golfers in SD who would like to play on few of those days or every day for that matter. It is not the easiest thing to do. I would play with him if he doesn?t find a threesome, but it will be ideal to find someone now, as I rather bask in the Sun or play with the baby by the Beach club. It doesn?t need to be a threesome, a single will be as good.

The Club is pretty good at trying to get a T-time with other golfers who book times from the Coral, but the majority of the times, they are a twosome or a foursome already and I end up my holiday with no tan lines as I have to gear up and play with him.

His handicap is 9 and he is very flexible in regards to the T-time.

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
OK,,,, Sincr I got no reply for this... maybe I should mention that we also have a Fedogolf card... so the golf is not limited to the Guavaberry Course.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
chiquittabanana said:
I hope I am posting on the rigth place and that this post meets the guidelines.

My husband and I are members at Guavaberry Golf Club, and will be in the DR for X-mas, we will get in on the 22 and leave on the 3rd.

I was hoping to find couple of golfers in SD who would like to play on few of those days or every day for that matter. It is not the easiest thing to do. I would play with him if he doesn?t find a threesome, but it will be ideal to find someone now, as I rather bask in the Sun or play with the baby by the Beach club. It doesn?t need to be a threesome, a single will be as good.

The Club is pretty good at trying to get a T-time with other golfers who book times from the Coral, but the majority of the times, they are a twosome or a foursome already and I end up my holiday with no tan lines as I have to gear up and play with him.

His handicap is 9 and he is very flexible in regards to the T-time.

Hello there :)

This is why I did not reply to your thread. He is too good for me. ;)

I just started practicing golf a year ago. So I am still a rookie.

I will be in Santo Domingo from December 1st until the 5th. So if you and your husband want to get together for lunch, let me know.

Have a fun time in the DR! :classic:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If we ever make it down to Juan Dolio this year

(we should know PapaTony's prognosis by Nov. 30th) we live just a couple of Kms from Guavaberry and are members at Metro......
So........
PM me the beginning of Dec. and maybe you and I can work on our tan while the boys get in some golf!
I don't think PapaTony will want to play that often at Guavaberry (depending on the price) but he'd play twice a day at Metro if I let him:angry: :classic: !

By the time you get there if we've made it down he'll already be trying to get his swing back (he's a fairly high handicap but doesn't mind at all playing with a low handicapper!)

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Potato Salad,

No need to worry about your hcap, or if you have one at all. My husband plays with the "boys" every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday here in Canada at any of the Clublink....that is the serious golfing... when we go down to the DR is fun. I can never play with them as I only would play scramble or if it is just him and me. I would enjoy playing with other people just for the fun of it. AS I said in my first post it is not fun trying to find other players just at T-time.

Are you in SD from 12.01 to 12.05 or 1.05? If you are there all that time, please PM me and we can get together for lunch, maybe I will convince you to play a round or two with him.

MommC,

Thank you for your reply.. I will PM later as you suggested, I would love to hang out with you while the boys would play. I believe that our guests would just pay 20 bucks or so per round in case PapaTony is interested.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
At that price I'm sure he would be.......

He loves playing Guavaberry as it is an very fine course that provides a challenge and he does love a challenge!
Hopefully we'll be there and can get together!

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
I cannot believe it!!!

After all these days, I only received 2 replies. One of them I am still waiting (Thank you MommmC)!!!!

So,, nobody to golf during X-mas holidays?

bbforbis

Oct 3, 2003
Guavaberry Question... My husband is a PGA Professional, we are planning a trip down there in the next month or so. Gotta visit our old friend Grahame, do some business with Hillbilly and of course golf.

We were wondering if anyone could tell us the name of the Director of Golf at Guavaberry so that we may contact him.

Thanks!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If no-one else answers this question for you, I'll check next time we're there (probably not until the middle of Feb if that's okay)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
bbforbis said:
Guavaberry Question... My husband is a PGA Professional, we are planning a trip down there in the next month or so. Gotta visit our old friend Grahame, do some business with Hillbilly and of course golf.
If you don't get an answer on this board, you could try calling them and asking.

(809) 333-4653
(809) 526-2424

bbforbis

Oct 3, 2003
Fedo Golf Card ?

We may be bringing a friend with us on our trip, and in doing some research, it appears as though it may be worthwhile to consider purchasing a Fedo Golf Card.

Does anyone know the cost of one? And where one could find some information on it?

Oh...webiste found for Guavaberry, I was thinking of the Fedo Card when I
asked that. Oops.

bbforbis

Oct 3, 2003
Hopefully we are not sounding greedy here, but we are looking for the names of the Directors of Golf at: Guavaberry & Playa Grande.

Also, do you know where one would find information about the Fedo Golf Card, Cost, benefits etc. for 2006.

Thanks All ! :D

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The card is about $160 but there are now restriction as to who may have one. From what I hear, you have to have a Dominican ID card called the "c?dula"...and to get one of these you need to have your residence card...

For the occasional traveller it is not worth it...plus there are restrictions as to when you can get the freebies--Most of the highly desirable courses are blacked out OCTOBER to MAY

HB :D:D:D

bbforbis

Oct 3, 2003
FedoGolf

Thanks Gregg,

Just received an email from Hillbilly, I guess that the Fedo Card is not an option, but thought anyway that it would be worth a try.

We really prefer to make the trip at "off season" but, because of Hubby's profession, it only leaves us open for travel at peak times. According to HB, the card has black out dates for peak season, and they are putting restrictions on them for foreigners.

We both have PGA Cards, but will be likely be bringing a friend along, and thought that maybe the Fedo Card would be an idea to explore. We have business to take care of while down there, and of course, golf. We usually have very good success with contacting the directors of golf and the courses we want to play in advance, and we get a PGA rate (generally free, or very reduced). That's why we are interested in trying to find out the names of the Directors of Golf at Guavaberry and Playa Grande.

We are really trying to get as "quiet" of trip as possible, we are not really into the Chaos at the AI's this time of year. The operative word here is "Quiet", which can be a rather daunting task this time of year.