2. San Cristobal is definitely a guy
3. Distrito Naccional a guy also
4. Puerto Plata....yikes!
5. What's with all the white girls?

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
The winner has been

decided since last year, no need to debate or fuss, there is only one Eva Arias Vi?as. This senorita is cousin of none other than Renata Sone, she has been "training" well.

I dont see the fuss about white Dominicans, they do exist! :eek: ... anyway my favorite Miss DR will not be in this years competition therefore I do not care, Eva will win and hopefully be top 5 in this years Ms. Universe if not win the whole thing since she has been "training" so hard.

Look at my prior posts and you'll see my feeling... anyway half of these girls are UGLY or have F'd up BODIES.... god it would be better to pick up a girl from any street than these well to do "damas".

Top 6 Ugly Ms. DR Candidates (no particular order)
1. San Cristobal (Face & Body)
2. Districto Nacional (Body)
3. Puerto Plata (Body, smallest waist in the world, eat something!)
4. Salcedo (Face)
5. San Juan (Face, should smile)
6. San Pedro de Marcoris (Too short & looks weird)

Hasta Luego,
Capo

P.S. It's funny for the casting calls they ask for females above 5' 8'' yet approx. half of the candidates are below 5' 7''....

Last edited:
May 31, 2005
Well to do damas? I don't think so. The San Cristobal is from my hometown and I can tell you that she is no well to do dama. The patrocinadores pay for all of their training, gowns, makeup, birth control, and plastic surgery. Yes, San Cristobal did indeed get a nose job. She did not pay for any of that. She has no money to do so.

The height thing is something touchy in my hometown as well because we had a prettier candidate that everyone thought was going to win but ended up not winning because she is only 5'3". I do understand the height thing though. But still. They could have done better.

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
Dragonfly32837 said:
Well to do damas? I don't think so. The San Cristobal is from my hometown and I can tell you that she is no well to do dama. The patrocinadores pay for all of their training, gowns, makeup, birth control, and plastic surgery. Yes, San Cristobal did indeed get a nose job. She did not pay for any of that. She has no money to do so.

The height thing is something touchy in my hometown as well because we had a prettier candidate that everyone thought was going to win but ended up not winning because she is only 5'3". I do understand the height thing though. But still. They could have done better.

For the most part the participants in these pagents are from well to do families. This is THE debutante ball for these girls, it's all about pride. It's not a shocking fact that some of these girls mothers, grandmothers, and other family members participate and win these events. It's family tradition... Renata Sone (2005)... Eva Arias Viñas (2006).

On San Cristobal, she should get her money back, really bad bad nose job.

Other comments:
One thing I hate is the weird names Dominicans give their children:

Districto Nacional: Yawilda
Monte Cristi: Anibelka
Puerto Plata: Hismelda
Salcedo: Dawelly
San Cristobal: Yohana (weird spelling)
San Juan: Kadulis (winner)

Seriously, how can a person win Ms. Universe with a name like Kadulis!?

Paz,
Capo

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
And the Spinner is

capodominicano said:
3. Puerto Plata (Body, smallest waist in the world, eat something!)
At 5' 5", and a 56cm waist she could be the spinner, Oh I mean winner.

Chuckuindy

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Let's say somethng nice....

It's very personal and a matter of peferences, but here is my choice of winners:

1. Ana Rita Contreras Sosa, Barahona. She typifies in so many ways much of the Dominican woman's beauty. She is a true mulata, she has a nice natural body, heartfelt and natural typically Dominican joyfull smile (alegria, ya tu sabe!) and she is beautifull and the name is OK too ;).

2. Yohna Martinez Casto, San Cristobal. Has pretty much the same qualities as my numer one pick, just in a different version. Actually I find it hard to decide between the two.

3. Dawilda Gonzalz Cid. Has an extraordinary face with a lot of potential, but is a bit too white for my taste, needs to work on her poses and is a of a bit too universal beauty... meaning not representing the DR really.

4. Aimee Melo Hernandez, La Altagracia. Gets a Bonus 3rd. as miss Latin Barbie... face, legs... just a Barbie and a good one :p

This is not to offend anybody... it's just my personal preference. BTW, I agree with some of above posts, some of the participants have no chance at all to make it at a Miss Universe contest.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Nicaury31884 said:
You guys are all blind, the winner is Aimee Melo Hernandez from La Altagracia. Wow

You really liked the "Barbie", huh ;)
Actually my preferred one is Yohna Martinez Casto of San Cristobal, really the kind of woman who just kills me :).
Wowever when you look at the past winners (nuestras reinas)... it seems that sadly it is not the Dominican type that they are really looking for but more like the universal catalogue type.

... J-D.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Here are my Top 5 picks!

From 1 being the most likely to win to 5th the least likely of my top 5 to win, but still favorable.

1. Distrito Nacional: very beautiful face and sumptous eyes. Her body is nearly perfect considering that its not bony nor fat, in the middle, perfect.

2. Monte Crisit: Very sexy look and her body is extraordinary. Overall, very nice.

3. Santo Domingo: very good looking, especially her cute nose and dreamy eyes.

4. La Romana: very cute face, has a style that is beautiful and sincere.

5. San Jose de Ocoa: beautiful enough to be in the top 5!

-NAL

BTW: People, keep in mind that we are looking at real women here, not a barbie doll!

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
My Top 5 Misses

I named my ugliest Misses, now I name my Top 5 Misses.

Top 5
1. Santiago: Drop Dead Gorgeous, what else can I say!
2. Maria Trinidad Sanchez: Could pass for Ms. Santiago's Twin.
3. Santiago Rodriguez: Lovely girl, but due to height will not win.
4. La Altagracia: Best Morenita since Claudia Cruz.
5. Espillat: By Technicality (She's going to win, I'm not betting against her)

Also note they all have normal names, the best quality in a female apart from the face, body, lips, eyes, and whatever else I'm missing. ;)

Paz,
Capo

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
My choices are..!

Numero uno by far in advance > Miss LA ALTAGRACIA
Second > Miss SALCEDO
Third > Miss LA ROMANA

anyway I wish good luck for all of them !
Happy to see you in 28 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes and 37 seconds

HOLACANADA :lick:

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
you guys know nothing check out my top PICK'S lol!

1. SANTO DOMINGO
2. SANTIAGO
3. SANTIAGO RODRIGUEZ
4. SPAILLATT
5.MARIA TRINIDAD SANCHEZ

WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE UGLY MORENAS THIS YEAR SHUP>>>

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Any one of their phone numbers please

They are all beautiful women... But to win in your country is one thing. They will not let a girl represent their own country... if she does not have height, intelligence, educated background. If you're not at least 5,10 you have no shot for Miss universe no matter what weight you are, Sad but true overall. I learned that from my Russian wife.;)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
ERICKXSON said:
you guys know nothing check out my top PICK'S lol!

1. SANTO DOMINGO
2. SANTIAGO
3. SANTIAGO RODRIGUEZ
4. SPAILLATT
5.MARIA TRINIDAD SANCHEZ

WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE UGLY MORENAS THIS YEAR SHUP>>>

EXACTLY!!! :)

Santo Domingo~~~ ;)