Translations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie623

Nov 27, 2005
Hey everybody I'm new here. I was just in the D.R. and got an email but I need to know if anyone could suggest a free translation site.

Thanks
Pink::classic:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
You can use the altavista babelfish translator, but the on-line translators pretty much suck, so don't try to use it to communicate back to this person. You're better equipped with a dictionary. If you have some trouble with words or phrases, you can PM them to me and I'll try my best to help.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Try Google's site - they made an attempt to map common occurences of words and it is less error prone than Altavista Babelfish.

That said - all words that should have accents and don' t (año vs. ano is a favourite) , are joined together and shouldn't be (or are not and should be like con migo vs conmigo) , the common use of the letter "V" when it is actually "B", such as iVamos, Ber (vs. ver) and the computer translators fall apart pretty quick.

If the e-mail is from a chica or sankie post it here - we'll be happy to translate it, though in advance it says: I love you I miss you , there is nobody else but you for me, and send money.

Here is the link http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Another tip is to use Google's add in toolbar which will correct typing in Spanish in any web form (English and other languages as well) - makes it easy to type quick but correct later.

Pinkie623

Nov 27, 2005
Thanks you all for your help I appreciate it. When I use the translation some of the words dont always show up. There must be so many dialects. I know alot of spanish but I get lost at times.

Pink

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
It is unlikely to be dialects and very likely appalling spelling and lack of use of accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.