Honeymoon

Zauster

Nov 1, 2005
www.zauster.com
Well we've actually been married for over 6 years but this is what we are calling our Honeymoon. After much research (I have been reading this site since Dec 02; forgot my first login as I was in training in Quebec for over a year straight and finally re-signed on 1 Nov 05) we have booked our vacation through Signature staying at the Gran Ventana from the 13-22 Nov.

I want to make this a very memorable visit and have a special "gift" to present her within the first few days. I am looking for any suggestions where this could occur in the North. We are pretty quiet and shy, and still very young (27 each) so no real partying but a fancy dinner or a great scenic location to watch a sunset would be nice.

This is also our preliminary visit to see if we are confident we want to move there (between 5-10yrs away) and although we have studied everything we could find on the RD we still do not have a full grasp of what we can expect ? hence our 10 night stint to enjoy a little AI for a few days then get out and see what?s it really like. I don?t want to waste anyone?s time while there so we figured we?d venture on our own (with a driver).

Cheers,
David A. Ling
Edmonton, Alberta

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Hi David, one suggestion would be CastleClub.
Give Doug a call, the owner, and ask him if he can help you out even though you are 2 persons. ( usually they make arrangements for 6 persons ).
Check on www.castleclubonline.com
The surrounding, view...magnificent!
If you explain why you do this, I am sure Doug can assist you.

Or why not spend a day on a catamaran, incl. lunch, drinks, snorkeling..
www.caribbeanoceanadventures.com

For restaurants close to where you are, you can either ask for something special at your hotel..like a dinner on the beach for the 2 of you, or for instance take a taxi to Papillon in Cofresi. About 20 min. drive.

Sunset cruise with snacks, wine? Possible to arrange by the boatcharters from Sosua beach.

Zauster

Nov 1, 2005
www.zauster.com
Thank you very much carina! I will definitally ask when I get there for a boat cruise or dinner on the beach. The Castle Club seems great but my wife is really shy about going to someone's "house" even though it is a business and doesn't like a lot of attention. That's why I am having a hard time deciding. I never thought about a picnic/dine on the beach - that sounds too easy to accomplish and yet romantic.

Cheers,
David A. Ling
Edmonton, Alberta