cigar factories

banks

Nov 30, 2005
would like to tour cigar factories. Having problems with finding any in or around punta cana. Can anyone help

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
Also a cigar factory in LaRomana which is, I believe may be on the normal tour by bus from Punta Cana to LaRomana

The Hawk

Nov 18, 2005
Juan Clemente

I think there is also a factory or store with rollers producing/selling Juan Clemente in Punta Cana but the website is "down". I had hoped to go there, "La Perla Dominicana", and to Domenico to get some local cigars. Does anyone know about the availability of Juan Clemente in Punta Cana?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Your very best bet is to tour the Tabacalera GArcía there in La Romana. It might be a package tour but it is very good.

Otherwise come up to Santiago where we really make a lot of cigars and I'll give you a tour you won't forget!!

HB :D:D:D

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly gives a great tour. Interesting sights, sounds, and smells. ;)
If you make it to the Santiago area, don't pass it up.
mkohn

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Hillbilly said:
Your very best bet is to tour the Tabacalera GArc?a there in La Romana. It might be a package tour but it is very good.

Otherwise come up to Santiago where we really make a lot of cigars and I'll give you a tour you won't forget!!

HB :D:D:D

I just visited the Leon Jimenes factory in Santiago two weeks ago, very nice tour and bought a box of 25 Aurora Robustos for RD$1650. Hilbilly, thanks for the directions in another thread.