Bus Schedule

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Does anyone know if the Caribe Tours bus from Santo Domingo to Sosua runs on a normal schedule on Christmas Day?

perdun

Dec 19, 2005
Dear All,

How can get from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata Bahia Principle San Juan resort, I am traveling on January 13, 2006??

Is it any Englsh web sites, with a bus number schedule etc?

Thank you for help

Regards,

Perdun

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Perdun, you can take a Caribe Tours bus from Santo Domingo to Rio San Juan, then take a cab from there. Caribe Tours buses leave Santo Domingo for Rio San Juan at 7:30 and 9 am and 1, 2 and 3:30 pm

perdun

Dec 19, 2005
Thank you Ken!!!

I am arriving @18.00 and if I take a cab how match it can cost to me to get to the hotel Bahia Principle San Juan, or there is another bus?????

Thanks again

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
Get there early!!

rellosk said:
Does anyone know if the Caribe Tours bus from Santo Domingo to Sosua runs on a normal schedule on Christmas Day?

Rellosk, those days are packed with people trying to visit their family. If you can travel before christmas might be the best option. Or afterwards..

perdun

Dec 19, 2005
Nothing I can do about it. I am 6.00PM arriving from europe
Any other ideas??

Thanks in advance

Regards,

P

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Perdun,

If your plane doesn't arrive until 6 pm, you'll need to get a cheap room in Santo Domingo and take the 7:30 or 9 am bus the next morning. As I indicated earlier, the last bus to Rio San Juan is at 3:30 pm.

An alternative is to take a Caribe Tours bus to Sosua, then a guagua, publico or taxi from there to the hotel. But even that isn't possible since the last bus leaves Santo Domingo at 7 pm and you couldn't get there in time if your flight arrives at 6 pm.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Roberto284 said:
Rellosk, those days are packed with people trying to visit their family. If you can travel before christmas might be the best option. Or afterwards..
Thanks for the warning.

perdun

Dec 19, 2005
Thank you All.....

Just a quick question: How mutch cab will cost from aeroport to the resort??

Thanks again....

tgood1

Jan 1, 2005
Anyone know if Caribe tours has a baggage limit? I have 2 suitcases. Or any problem with them getting stolen?

Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
tgood1 said:
Anyone know if Caribe tours has a baggage limit? I have 2 suitcases. Or any problem with them getting stolen?

Thanks

You'll have no problems. If you think you are loaded, you haven't seen the Dominicans coming from the US for Christmas.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In response to Perdun: No taxicab will take you to San Juan for less than $500 US dollar. At that time of the night? I wouldn't do it.

Look at the time:
Arrive at 1800 hrs (Yeah, if the flight is on time)
0:45-1:00 hrs to get out of Terminal and find a cab
0:15 arguing over fare.
1:00 to Santo Domingo
1:00 to cross Sto Domingo at that hour at that time of the year
2:00 to get to Santiago
1:20 to Puerto Plata (surely the driver would not take the San Francisco-Tenares-Gaspar Hernandez-Rio San Juan road?)
1:30-1:45 to R?o San Juan
(Note: No stops for peeing, eating or accidents or traffic jams)
You are now talking 2:30 in the morning....No way that is going to happen.

Just get a taxi to Santo Domingo, get a nice hotel room..Plaza Florida, Napolitano, or any of the small hotels there. Go out, have fun in Sto Domingo, get up, go to Caribe Tours and get your bus direct to RSJ

Then you will have a nice vacation.

Next time fly to POP or STI

HB :D:D:D