How awesome are aventura?

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
I don't like them. Went to school with one of them back in NYC few years ago, since then i moved to Miami.

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
la_barbie said:
My boys :):)

I kiss my pictures everynight !!

Sexy SOB's

Out of curiousity I took a poll from the girls in my family and 6 out of 7 say the guy with the corn rows is the only above average looking guy, the 1 person voted for the guy on the far right on the pic on there website. No offense to Barbie of course, my friends drool over Paris Hilton but she's a train reck to me.

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
irishdomician said:
Out of curiousity I took a poll from the girls in my family and 6 out of 7 say the guy with the corn rows is the only above average looking guy, the 1 person voted for the guy on the far right on the pic on there website. No offense to Barbie of course, my friends drool over Paris Hilton but she's a train reck to me.

Above average looking?? none of them. Some of their music is hot though, I'll give em that!!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Friday February 17th, 2006 - Montreal @ the Dome
Saturday February 18th, 2006 - Toronto (No location as of yet)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Yari said:
Above average looking?? none of them. Some of their music is hot though, I'll give em that!!
Even Howard Stern starts looking like a '10' when he's in front of a microphone.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
irishdomician said:
my friends drool over Paris Hilton but she's a train reck to me.

More like they ran a "train" on her............what a skank but I'd hit it for that Hilton money ;) and she's like, totally not HOT..........God I hate that phrase coming out of her mouth but let me stop because that's another innuendo about Paris and her mic skills :devious: :p

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Let's put it this way. If Aventura were not music stars, they would just be average guys in the street. Nothing special. In a recent poll they were not considered among Dominican top sexier males and some thought they were ugly, but stylish.
Money does things for people. Look at Pedro Martinez, just about the the most uncharismatic, tasteless guy in baseball. If he wasn't baseball's premium pitcher, I would think he would look more like a motoconchista or the bus collector in a "voladora". Remember Sammy Sosa's days as a shoeshine guy?
But look at Pedro's new wife. Isn't she a mismatch for this guy...millions and all?
Aventura's music is cool. But understand, this is not true bachata. They play a fusion of alternative rock mixed with true bachata. Just listen to Julian Cope's guitars, or bands like the Church, the Chamaleons, The Killers and Franz Ferdinand and tell me if Aventura doesn't copy that guitar style?
Aventura's lead singer has no voice at all, but it is extremely commercial. Nice band altogether.
TW

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Golo100 said:
Let's put it this way. If Aventura were not music stars, they would just be average guys in the street. Nothing special. In a recent poll they were not considered among Dominican top sexier males and some thought they were ugly, but stylish.
Money does things for people. Look at Pedro Martinez, just about the the most uncharismatic, tasteless guy in baseball. If he wasn't baseball's premium pitcher, I would think he would look more like a motoconchista or the bus collector in a "voladora". Remember Sammy Sosa's days as a shoeshine guy?
But look at Pedro's new wife. Isn't she a mismatch for this guy...millions and all?
Aventura's music is cool. But understand, this is not true bachata. They play a fusion of alternative rock mixed with true bachata. Just listen to Julian Cope's guitars, or bands like the Church, the Chamaleons, The Killers and Franz Ferdinand and tell me if Aventura doesn't copy that guitar style?
Aventura's lead singer has no voice at all, but it is extremely commercial. Nice band altogether.
TW

pedro uncharismatic?
maybe he has a different taste on clothing styles... but that does not make
him uncharismatic. I have read and heard that he's one the few genuine players and not conceited.

of course any famous athlete, singer, actor/actress would be normal human beings if they were not famous at what they do.

pimentel79

Jul 24, 2005
Golo100 said:
TW

True, but you also need to know that genres of music evolve. Bands like Aventura, and Domenic Marte are taking bachata to a new level. Personally I prefer there style rather than the raunchy style of many other bachateros.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
I like there style bringing new flavor to Bachata with adding Hip Hop and Alternative music, I will say this the lead singer cant sing but the guitar players are smooth with the guitars.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I've by now seen them around 6 times and must say when they put in an effort (like rewritten arrangements for some songs) they can be really, really good musicians.. on some performances they were a bit lacklustre...

As much as I like true bachateros (Anthony Santos, Frank Reyes, etc).. not a day goes by without one of their songs.. 'amor de madre' and 'angelito' are favourites.. Their best songs are relly, really good..

Also they've brought out bachata into mainstream music.. taken it to a higher level of exposure and out into the world.. at the moment others follow in their footsteps but they have started it..

REALDOMINICAN

Apr 2, 2005
Aventura is the best ,if you dont think so please buy the DVD live 100% you will see whats realy good. they are real good, people talk ****t about then but remember is hard to sing live, not in everyplace they will sound good, their Bachata is the only one i can listen all day and for years to come since the first CD to the last . I like the other Bachatero but all they sing about is about they girl left then or they like some girl and they dont know what to do.
i'm tired of it ,i dont want to cut my vains. Aventura are the best BAchatero right now and for a long time .Almost all There songs talk about the real life not about bullshiiit. the new DVD is LOVE AND HATE sold out concert

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
rellosk said:
Even Howard Stern starts looking like a '10' when he's in front of a microphone.
I am prety sure that these women would even find Michael Jackson sexy on stage...Nose and skin falling off.

One of these days you will see in People magazines that these women will vote rapper 50 cent as the "sexiest man alive"

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
THE GAME said:
pedro uncharismatic?
maybe he has a different taste on clothing styles... but that does not make
him uncharismatic. I have read and heard that he's one the few genuine players and not conceited.

of course any famous athlete, singer, actor/actress would be normal human beings if they were not famous at what they do.

Pedro is uncharismatic? No way. He won over many a Met fan this year. He had a rep as a prima donna and a club house problem. Turned out he was quite the opposite. Attendance was way up when Pedro pitched. When he pitches he gets in a zone, but when he aint pitvhing he is a goof ball. Dancing in the dugout and joking around.

On the mound he is like watching pitching 101 class. Even if he does not have his great stuff, he can find a way to beat you. He has tons of heart and is a firece competitor.

I remember the sprinklers coming on by accident once and all the other players running for cover. . . .not pedro. . . .he was smiling ear to ear and having a blast. . . .he says water is a blessing.

When Cliff Floyd or Mike Cameron made great catches or plays Pedro would be doing a "we're not worthy" motion a la waynes world and cracking up the whole time. . . .

pedro is an entertainer as much as a ball player. . . . .a bit like satchel paige I guess. . . . . .plenty of Charisma. . . . .