POP - Sosua........Taxi Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
What is the cost of a taxi from POP to Sosua. Are the fares posted in the airport?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The airport prices are high, of course, and they show $20 to Sosua and $30 to Puerto Plata, but i'm sure you can get a taxi from Puerto plata to Sosua for $30, not to mention that you can get a public car to drive you without stopping for other passengers, for less than half.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Rocky said:
but i'm sure you can get a taxi from Puerto plata to Sosua for $30,
I'm sure you can but $30 one-way is ridiculous.
That is almost 1,000 pesos.
For $30 you should be able to get a taxi to take you there for 2-3 hours and back.
I get Playa Dorada tourist taxis for less than this.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Malibook said:
I'm sure you can but $30 one-way is ridiculous.
That is almost 1,000 pesos.
For $30 you should be able to get a taxi to take you there for 2-3 hours and back.
I get Playa Dorada tourist taxis for less than this.
I agree that taxis are a bit overpriced, around here, but I was just quoting rates. Please don't kill the messenger.
If you can get a taxi to take you to Playa Grande, hang out with you for 2 or 3 hours and drive you back for 30 bucks, then your negotiating skills are way better than mine.
I just walked over to the taxi stand to get the official price off the board, and it reads $60 US, one way from Sosua to Playa Grande, $70 US, return.
Of course, one can negotiate, but I doubt that you can get a Playa Dorada taxi to Playa Grande for the mentioned price, what with the rising costs of fuel, and all.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Malibook said:
I thought we are talking about Puerto Plata to Sosua.
Why are you talking about Playa Grande Rocky?
Ooops, sorry.
Must have been a brain fart.
Thought it said Playa Grande.

Status
Not open for further replies.