SAPEXPRESS will be presented soon as a new dominican airline

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
SAP AIR, the same company of Air santo domingo will be presented soon a new dominican airlines called Sapexpress, its will be lanch as a regional airline.;) :rambo:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Interestingly named "SAP" hence the type of person dumb enough to buy tickets.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
I agree with Ricktoronto! Only a dumb person can buy a ticket with them! Right rick? Bet you that if a person with your capacity and ability was in charge of that airline, then it would be a different story.

Jun 5, 2004
Well its great to hear about new dominican airlines but i think that after disasters with other dominican airlines people do not have much faith.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
If you line up now at the end of the Aeromar passenger refund line you will be at the front of the line for SAP refunds.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
ricktoronto said:
If you line up now at the end of the Aeromar passenger refund line you will be at the front of the line for SAP refunds.

Wao! Ricktoronto! That's so right and smart! I hope onde day the hire you as director of JAC.

burriqui2001

Dec 14, 2005
I?m very sorry to hear that we?ve got some many discouraging comments made for a new commercial airliner that would start to travel in the Dominican Republic!! Yes it?s true that all other local carriers that have tried to establish service have been battered around by the competition but lets take this into consideration: Landing fees, government taxes, fuel cost, infrastructure, this are just some of the things that all other international carriers receive monetary aid from their governments and the Dominican airlines that have operated in the past receive no support from the CAB (Civil Aviation Board) or the Dominican government. Also every time a new carrier starts operations it has to be with a lower rate then they actual market price and then a price war begins with the big monster (AA). Do you know how many millions AA received last year from the U.S. government for aid??

Now I ask ricktoronto, why would you be discouraging the general public from using a domestic airline, when you should be proud that even dough some have fail in the past at least more businessman are wiling to risk it one more time!!!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
I just think that the whopping history of failures and the lack of any decent oversight by the civil aviation authorities makes these dream airlines a risk to passengers both financially (like Aeromar) and for airworthiness and safety as well.

How many suckers bought Aeromar tickets when they asked here if it was a safe , good deal, and were warned that you cannot undercut the majors by 50% and stay in business found themselves standing with their dicks in one hand and a worthless ticket in the other, at Christmas no less, while the airline ran off with the money? All of them that's who. And that was a sort of "partial" DR airline.

Or the various PanAm fiascos on, off, on ,off, Viva Air, exists, doesn't exist, exists, doesn't exist...blah blah blah.

And what happened with ASD that it had to disappear and now it reappears with a new name? Same garbage, different can doesn't change garbage to perfume.

Why would "I" be proud that more business men are willing to take a risk? When it fails and it will, the poor DR residents suffer with worthless tickets and no way to travel. Here's a suggestion - make them hold the unearned funds in trust until the flight leaves and returns. That would call for decent capitalization and credit support and would protect the passengers from economic losses.

Note:Flakko: you still post no doubt your "hilarious" barbs, not understanding that your account has been blocked for a long long time. You still cannot understand funny vs. stupid or boring.

burriqui2001

Dec 14, 2005
Very sorry to hear your offensive comments! Further more there are ways for each affected passenger to get their refund and also the CAB hold very severe restrictions to each one of these failed projects, but also every single passenger that was affected by ASD received transportation with another carrier or a full refund. In regards to Aeromar I really don't know but with ASD I know for a fact since I was one of the affected customers.

Obviously you are not someone that thinks proudly of the Dominican corporations and only looks for the flaws instead of providing a constructive critic for the growth of the local enterprises.

Now if you think you could make it work why don't you start a commercial airline?? Or apply for the CEO position in one of the them??

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
NOBODY in the Aeromar debacle got one red cent and they were left stranded at the height of Christmas season. Some "real" airlines I understand added some capacity but many people were heartbroken.

Why would I start a company offering a service destined to fail? I know it is impossible and wouldn't - your theory that it is feasible is what has been shown to be a hopeless cause in the past. And we both know there won't be adequate safeguards against insolvency and poor people should not need to bear this risk. Simple.

Given your low number of posts and eagerness to shill this new airline suggests you are involved in it somehow and should come clean if so.

And back up the so called government subsidies of AA with some proof.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Wao ricktoronto! Every word you type it's like if you sprinkle the forum with your knowledge! Wao! Every single word you say is true, pure reality! I'm telling you man, we should propose ricktoronto for director of JAC!

Note: ricktoronto: How come my account has been cancelled? Ummm... Didn't get that, but coming from you it's ok. Y vuelve y vuelve ricktoronto! 2005-2100! y vuelve y vuelve ricktoronto!

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
To listen to all of you amaze me. First, lets talk reality. SAPExpress is a off spring of SAP and Air Santo Domingo. The Patin Family burnt out ASD in DR and did leave passengers stranded. However, they kept thier 6 boats and houses in Casa De Campo..... They also left Air Atlanta and other charter companies stranded for over $1 million Dollars for past due payments. They did it cleverly by have a US based Air Santo Domingo and a Dominican Air Santo Domingo - they signed all the contracts with the US Based Air Santo Domingo and therefore only needed to have it file for bankruptcy under US law to be exempt from loosing anything personally to cover the debts outstanding - check with JFK and see how much money is still owed or was owed before the bankruptcy... Also, SAPExpress has leased J32s to fly the same route between Puerto Rico and SDQ and PUJ (presumption) and will be competing with Caribbean Star and AA. Based on the family connections, ofcourse the DGAC will not question the Patins for providing any new service - do you realize how powerful they are with alot of influence in the DGAC since most of the directors at the DGAC currently were once employed by one of the Patin Airline organizations... Please dont take offense to the truth - but lets call a spade a spade and not try to shade it in anyother way -