Medical

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
I Am Canadian And My Husband Is Dominican. We Were Recently Married And Are Starting The Immigration Process.

Next Week My Husband And His Daughter Are Going To Get Their Medical Done. I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Tell Us Approximently How Much This Will Cost Him And If His Daughter Is The Same Price As Himself?

Also We Were Wondering If He Should Be Aware Of Anything Or He Should Take/do Something To Aid The Process.

I ALSO READ THAT THE POLICE CLEARANCE EXPIRES WITHIN 30DAYS, IS THIS TRUE?

Thanks!

Kim

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You can't study for those types of tests.

The cost is the same per person. I thought they told you in advance how much it was since they only have one or two approved doctors to do the tests (which probably means you can't bribe the guy instead of taking the tests). I think it is around US$50 plus X-ray and lab costs. Should not be too bad.

Don't you find it a lot of work to type a capital letter for every single word you type? No normal paragraphs are typed like that.

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Sorry, had the keyboard on caps lock so it wasn't that hard! Didn't think I had to impress anyone with my typing skills! I guess I should warn you that my spelling sometimes isn't that great.

Anyways, my husband seems to think that it is around $6000RD each and I heard that it was about $100 US. I personally didn't think that a child (8yrs) would be the same price because they don't have to do all the same tests. So that is why i started this tread (my 1st one) because i was curious! I also was not trying to imply that we were going to bribe anyone. I was just reading some of the other treads and i didn't want our papers to go to Haiti like the other lady's did. Just looking for specifics so the process moves smoothly.

Thanks Anna for the web-site, but it doesn't give specifics prices for the countries.

Thanks
Kim

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I've also heard 100 US dollars.

I'm pretty sure all applications go to Haiti though it's not something you can control.

Wait for the weekend and more people will be on to answer.

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Thank for your help. I am now wondering if it goes to Haiti, does it ever get to toronto? I thought the decision was made in Toronto. I don't know so i will give it some time. thanks again.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
The $100 is about right when you add the lab costs and X-ray to what the Dr. wants as well. This is obviously a patronage kind of job so they aren't discounting fees for kids vs. adults when they have a captive audience.

Leaving CAPS on would capitalize every letter not just the first letter.

Haiti handles the Hispaniola application paperwork and interview requests etc., as they are local. Interviews if required (mine wasn't) are in the DR though, not Haiti for obvious reasons (like you will die going there for the interview) .The actual approval is done in the giant office in Vegreville Alta or Mississauga.

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Last February it cost US $135 for an adult and I think US $75 for a child. Check your PM for more details. Good luck