LoM?sTv: Interactive Spanish Video Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

l@prida

Dec 12, 2005
Hola a todos...

anyone tried LoM?sTv? ( http://lomastv.com )

Real Spanish Tv from throughout the "habla hispana" with drama, interviews, music videos (e.g. Juanes, Molotov) and a bunch more. For learners it's got bilingual captions, slow play, look up words on a click, listening game mode... es "cheverre", lo verdad!:classic:

subscription service like the audio mags but totally online and with video. There are a bunch of free videos in "free demo" section.

Check it out... (me gustar?a oir lo que pensar?an de ese vaina)

l@prida

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
It's a good site... I wonder if it could really help a person learn spanish though? Anyway Julieta from Argentina is cute....but if they get some sexy chicas like Paz Vega, Carolina Ardohain, or Elena Anaya then a person would really learn Spanish....anyway yes the site is good and has good energy but I think they should involve people, TV shows, etc. that are not just Argentine and Spaniard but from other countries as well.

Peace,
Capo

l@prida

Dec 12, 2005
gracias capo

thanks for the comments, capo

jey note loM?sTv currently does have videos from countries besides Spain and Argentina, including Mexico, Venezuela and Uruguay... as well as a tv show (Prov?come) that features Chayanne, the Puerto Rican pop star.

I know you've got to be asking, ?no dominicanos?

S?, todav?a no hay entrevistas etc. con dominicanos... ?va a haber!

we love la republica -- having spent a semester off (back in 86) in cabarete with travel to El Ban? (las salinas) and of course santo domingo.

capo was wondering about how useful it is, most people will quickly realize intuitively that they're learning... (but you can check what the scientists and learning experts would say by doing a search on "multimodal input" -- and note that top schools like University of Michigan and Brown University subscribe for all their Spanish students.)

?gracias otra vez, capo!

(y gracias to Anna for agreeing to let me tell ustedes about the site!)

l@prida

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I like the fact that I can follow along with the sub titles because I'm not around Spanish speaking people at the moment and I find I've been saying a word more with an Italian accent.

It's especially hard to catch words in a song but with the words in sub titles you can sing along.

Thanks for putting juanes on there ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Anna, I've just corrected a resum? written in Spanish by an Italian speaker. It was quite difficult to untangle, and I felt for the person who wrote it, who has only recently learned Italian and is now having to learn Spanish.

The Spanish - Portuguese mixture is known as 'Portu?ol'. I wonder if there's a similar term for mixing Italian and Spanish.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I remember the first Spanish course I took the teacher kept saying, "no no you are speaking Italian".

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
I remember the first Spanish course I took the teacher kept saying, "no no you are speaking Italian".

sounds like me when i say "Y" instead of "et" or prounounce "de" wrong when i am in french class. I tend to think in spanish when I am in french class, at it sometimes confuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.