Best Place to Buy Art on North Coast

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
A couple of options:

1) Speak with Lidia in Cabarete (she has Miro's on the beach and has just opened up the new Sushi restaurant at Agualina -- yum, by the way) She showcases quality art at Miro's and can put you on to some gifted local artists

2) Speak with Lisa Kirkman from Sea Horse Ranch. She just opened a furniture/decor/art store on Pedro Clisante next to the EPS office in Sosua. Some nice stuff.

Good luck!

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Pottery in Puerto Plata

I belive you can find some very very nice artcrafts (potteries and ceramics) in Puerto Plata.
The ladie's (artist) name is Amparo. She made beautifull pieces from her hand and have a pottery shop. I wish to visit in few weeks....

If you really want to contact her, you can talk to Mr Helmutt Snugg executive chief at Coral Marien Hotel (Very Great Hotel). Happy Holidays..!

Holacanada
10 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes and 0 seconds until December 26

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Vidrio Atlantico on Avenida Colon in Puerto Plata has interesting, unusual paintings of local painters. Not the usual taino art.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Amparos work is some of the most wonderful I have seen.
BUT the OP asked about paintings.

out

Dec 30, 2005
When we were in Sosua we doubted about buying a painting. Not the ones you see at every corner, but we saw some interesting real paintings @ a shop near the Sosua beach. It was an art gallery, i think that was also the name of the shop "Art Gallery".
We saw paintings of, if I remember well, a painter namend Agustin.
Does this ring a bell at anyone?

Doesn't anybody live in Sosua by coincidence?
Just walk down the beach, look on your left hand for the art gallery. On the right wall you see a painting of a woman with a hat on the beach, and a painting of a person screaming in the jungle it seems.
Can you check what the painters name is?

rdebyngham

Jan 6, 2006
move off the road (hwy 5) at rio san juan and check out so many shops near laguna gri-gri. many barato dupes, but if you can take time and dig (and haggle) you'll find treasures.