sto domingo in december

kakaka

Dec 15, 2005
hey folks

am travelling to santo domingo next week to spend time with my gf and her family, who are Dominican. However, girlfriend in question has no time off other than weekends due to the conditions of her new job.

i've been over before, and wandered round many of the sights of the town... but are there any suggestions for other stuff a 24 yr old Scots bloke can do, on his own, to pass time during the day in the capital (no lewdness please)? I'd quite like to explore the country a wee bit BUT would have to be day trips so i can meet up with the other half in the evening, and AFAIK most of the hilly bits that would be nice walking are a bit far off.

C

Sep 19, 2005
I have a day trip for you. rent a car. Start on one side of the city and see if you can drive to the other side with out getting lost!. i know the big map says its only two or three roads through the city. But there in lies the suprises. They dont bother saying which way is which, when the road splits into three paths! ha ha ha ha.... that should take the whole day I figure!!!!!! ha ha ha...... of course you MUST report back on how it went.

I didnt get the chance while i was there, but i think visiting anything that was there over 300 years ago, would be something to see. I hear the first church in the western hemisphere was built there......bob

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
kakaka said:
hey folks

am travelling to santo domingo next week to spend time with my gf and her family, who are Dominican. However, girlfriend in question has no time off other than weekends due to the conditions of her new job.

i've been over before, and wandered round many of the sights of the town... but are there any suggestions for other stuff a 24 yr old Scots bloke can do, on his own, to pass time during the day in the capital (no lewdness please)? I'd quite like to explore the country a wee bit BUT would have to be day trips so i can meet up with the other half in the evening, and AFAIK most of the hilly bits that would be nice walking are a bit far off.

C
Is your Spanish perfect? If not, a good opportunity to take a course during the daytime.

luveezdovey

Sep 25, 2005
day trip

One I might suggest is colonial city. Check out the old churches,el museo de jamon-lol,the conde,parque de independencia,and all of the christopher columbus sights too. DO NOT rent a car & attempt driving b/c if you don't know where you are going you'll be all screwed up especially if you are trying to read a street sign and someone bags your car. Then you can return back home & impress her family with all the history & culture you learned. ;)