Baseball Playoff Schedule

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
It's been asked before, but not answered.

Does anyone know the baseball playoff schedule? I realize the teams aren't known yet, but the schedule should already be set.

It looks like the regular season ends December 22nd. Do they go right into the playoffs or do they take time off for the holidays?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
SKY said:
http://www.lidom.com/campeonato.htm

This is in Spanish but should answer your question Yes, there is a break until Dec.26 if you cannot understand much Spanish.
Thanks for the link. Yes my Spanish is bad, but thanks to the baseball lesson in the Spanish 101 forum I managed to pick up some information. Here's my understanding:

The first round (semifinals) of the playoffs begins on December 26th and ends on January 16th. Four teams (out of six) make the playoffs. The first round is a round robin where each team plays 18 games. Travel days are scheduled for January 2nd, 6th, and 12th.

The second round (finals) begin on January 18th and end January 27th. It is a best of nine series.

Did I read it right?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I'll translate for those who don't speak Spanish...

La serie Semifinal comienza por vez primera en el mes de diciembre, ya que tradicionalmente daba inicio el 2 de enero del a?o siguiente. En esta ocasi?n, los cuatro equipos clasificados inician los 18 juegos del Round Robin el d?a 26 de diciembre y accionan hasta el d?a 30 del mismo mes. El calendario semifinal tomar? un descanso hasta el 2 de enero luego de completar los primeros cinco partidos. El segundo descanso se producir? el viernes 6 de enero y el tercero y ?ltimo el jueves 12. Para el lunes 16 se estar? completando el semifondo, en caso de ser necesario. Esto as?, porque el Reglamento establece en su Art?culo 4 que ?esta serie se dar? por concluida cuando dos (2) equipos hayan clasificado para la Serie Final, que comenzar? con un (1) d?a por el medio?.

Otra modalidad que retoma la Liga es la de celebrar la Serie Final al mejor de nueve (9) partidos. Eso significa, que para el Campeonato 2005-2006 la Serie Final podr?a extenderse hasta un m?ximo de nueve (9) encuentros. Dejando una fecha libre en medio del calendario final.

Con los cambios introducidos al Calendario, el Campeonato Nacional que inicia en octubre terminar?a a m?s tardar el d?a 27 de enero, dando oportunidad al representativo nacional para realizar los ajustes necesarios con miras a la pr?xima Serie del Caribe a celebrarse en las ciudades de Maracay y Valencia, Venezuela, en

Very loosely translated, but you get the meaning...

The semifinals will start for the first time in December, when traditionally it used to start on January 2nd. This time, the 4 qualified teams will start the 18 games of the ?Round Robin? on December 26th and it will end on December 30th. The calendar for the semifinals will take a break until January 2nd, after completing the first 5 games. The second break will come on Friday, January 6th, 2006, and the third and last on Thursday, January 12th. On Monday, January 16th they will have a tie-breaker in case it?s needed.

They will also go back to celebrating the best of 9 games for the Final Series.

With all these changes, the Campeonato Nacional that started in October, will end on January 27th, in order to give the winning team the chance to make adjustments to be able to participate in the Caribe Series that will take place in Maracay and Valencia, Venezuela in February.

YEAH!!! The best part is that I get to watch some games...I'll be there 'till Jan. 6!!! :classic: :classic: :classic:

That's my Christmas present right there...Go Aguilas!!! :classic: :classic:

MQ

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Is anyone interested in going to games from Puerto Plata to Santiago??? Please PM or email me if you have interest and I will try to arrange some trips.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Andy Marte

Anyone know what team he's playing for?

Any information on where he is and how he's doing would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Tickets are always available.

toughest tickests are Licey - Aguilas

Next would be Escogido - Aguilas

Escogido won 8 of the 10 games they played...:(

HB :D:D

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you go to the stadium in Santiago in the morning you can get good seats. The box office sells seats, but you can get better with the scalpers. They are all over. You need to know the seating in the stadium so you get good seats. You should pay about 800 -1000RD for a good seat. I am talking Licey-Aquilas which is the best to see.

The best seats are labeled Parcos. That would be a field level box.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
AC is aguilas de cibao from santiago
L is the Tigres De Licey from santo domingo
E is Escogido also from santo domingo
I would guess AE are the azucareros este? from Laromana?

Not making the round robin would be the estrellas oriental from San Pedro
and the Gigantes from San Francisco. . . .

I sure hope I get down there in january to see a game or two! I'd love to see a game in La Romana

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Out of the Goodness of My Heart

Okay, we know that
AC = ?guilas Cibae?as
L = Tigres del Licey
E = Leones del Escogido and
AE = Azucareros del Este

That said let me put up the schedule;
NOTE: All games are at 8:05, except: Sunday 8 January, Monday 9 January and Sunday 15 January) Each team will play 16 games between today and 16 January.

Beginning Tonight

Monday 26 December
Sto Dgo: Azucareros - Licey
Stgo : Escogido - ?guilas

Tuesday 27 December
STo Dgo : Aguilas - Escogido
La Romana: Licey - Azucareros del Este

Wednesday 28 December ( This is the Day of the Innocents--Dominican April Fool's Day)
Sto Dgo : Azucareros - Licey
Stgo : Escogido - Aguilas

Thursday 29 December
Sto Dgo : Aguilas - Licey
La Romana: Escogido - Azucareros

Friday 30 December
Sto Dgo :Azucareros - Escogido
Stgo : Licey - Aguilas

Saturday 31 December
NO GAMES

Sunday 1 January 2006
NO GAMES

Monday 2 January
Sto Dgo : Escogido - Licey
La Romana: Aguilas - Azucareros

Tuesday 3 January
Sto Dgo: Licey - Escogido
Stgo: Azucareros - ?guilas

Wednesday 4 January
Sto Dgo : Aguilas - Escogido
La Romana: Licey - Azucareros

Thursday 5 January
Sto Dgo : Escogido - Licey
Stgo : Azucareros - Aguilas

Friday 6 January
No GAMES scheduled

Saturday 7 January

Sunday 8 January REMEMBER, this is a 5:05 start time
Sto Dgo: Azucareros - Escogido
Stgo : Licey - Aguilas

Monday 9 January REMEMBER, this is a 5:05 start time
Sto Dgo : Licey - Escogido
La Romana : Aguilas - Azucareros

Tuesday 10 January
Sto Dgo: Azucareros - Licey
Stgo: Escogido - Aguilas

Wednesday 11 January
Sto Dgo : Aguilas - Escogido
La Romana : Licey - Azucareros

Thursday 12 January No GAMES scheduled

Friday 13 January
Sto Dgo : Licey - Escogido
Stgo : Azucareros - Aguilas

Saturday 14 January

Sunday 15 January REMEMBER, this is a 5:05 start time
StoDgo : Azucareros - Escogido
Stgo: Licey - Aguilas

Monday 16 January
Sto Dgo: Escogido - Licey
La Romana: Aguilas - Azucareros

GO AGUILAS!!!!!!!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
SKY said:
If you go to the stadium in Santiago in the morning you can get good seats. The box office sells seats, but you can get better with the scalpers. They are all over. You need to know the seating in the stadium so you get good seats. You should pay about 800 -1000RD for a good seat. I am talking Licey-Aquilas which is the best to see.

The best seats are labeled Parcos. That would be a field level box.
Thanks for the info.

Are the scalpers just unofficial ticket agents or do they actually charge higher negotiated prices ?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Generally speaking, they charge "higher negotiated prices"

Getting there early, as was suggested above, is a very good idea.

Also a knowledge of what seats cost - legally-- will give a person the basis for dealing with the blackmarketeer.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Also a knowledge of what seats cost - legally-- will give a person the basis for dealing with the blackmarketeer.
Is the face value printed on the ticket?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
DR1 Daily News said:
Meanwhile the Aguilas were battering the Leones del Escogido 9 - 3 with Luis Polonia, the "Atomic Ant" hitting 4 - 5.
Is this the same Luis Polonia that had 5 stints with the NY Yankees?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
rellosk said:
Is this the same Luis Polonia that had 5 stints with the NY Yankees?

There is only one Luis Polonia.

To answer your question on the scalpers. They are just hustlers trying to make a buck. It is no different than going to a Kncks game at MSG and buying a ticket outside from someone.

The price is on the ticket, but of course you will pay more.