final clarification please on the tourist card

Sep 19, 2005
I know there was talk about the change over in the tourist cards. There was talk that the new ones were blue. I had JUST come back when that thread came up, and I never saw the blue tourist cards, even though there was another card when I was departing( they dont issue tourist cards upon departure usually) so if figured TWO different changes might be taking place at the same time. Anyway on my arrival that trip I bought 2 of the green tourist cards, used one and saved the other. Will they accept this green tourist card when I arrive dec 23rd this year into STI?

thanks for the replys

Bob

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Hi!!

Well... now the process is made with a compouter and they do give u a small blue paper (adyacent with the tourist card) that is used kind of like the white paper that dominican use when they pass trhu imigration......

also.... be aware that if u spend more than 15 days in the country they u will have to pay the fee that imigration usually charges plus a porcentage because u did stay for longer than 15 days!!!

Still our beautiful country looks to extract every inch of money from us........

But bring that old tarjeta that u have and explain that u already paid those US10..... so yes... the proceess has changed...

Also ask the people in the tourist card booth to explain to u what u need to know

Good luck laurapasinifan... have a great trip!!!!!!

Your BUDDY!!!

STIOP!!!

Sep 19, 2005
thanks for the reply . So the trip to the booth that we used to purchase the tourist cards from is STILL necessary? Or will they ask for the fee when I pass through immigration and show my passport? I dont know what dominicans have to fill out. And what is the form that i filled out to LEAVE last time?

bob

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
thanks for the reply . So the trip to the booth that we used to purchase the tourist cards from is STILL necessary? Or will they ask for the fee when I pass through immigration and show my passport? I dont know what dominicans have to fill out. And what is the form that i filled out to LEAVE last time?

bob

Hey!!

You still will have to pass trhu the booth to purchase the tourist card..... the form that u filled out to go out the last time is basically what dominicans fill up when they enter or exit the country......

They wont ask u for the fee in the inmigration booth, u have to purchase the new mtourist card first....

again... good luck and have a great trip!!!!!

Merry Christmas

STIOP

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
laurapasinifan said:
Essentially you will exchange your green tourist card (at no additional cost) for a blue and white form that you will fill out and hand in to get a computer generated tourist card. When leaving the country you will fill out another blue and white form and surrender that form with the computer generated tourist card. That information is based on my experience two weeks ago at SDQ, other airports may be different.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Thanks Rellosk

rellosk said:
Essentially you will exchange your green tourist card (at no additional cost) for a blue and white form that you will fill out and hand in to get a computer generated tourist card. When leaving the country you will fill out another blue and white form and surrender that form with the computer generated tourist card. That information is based on my experience two weeks ago at SDQ, other airports may be different.

Thanks rellosk!!!... the guys i spoke with didnt tell me u could switch the tourist cards..... so thats great for laurapasinifan!!!!!

It should be the same procedure here in STI!!

Good Luck

STIOP

caro

Sep 24, 2003
rellosk said:

I was in POP last week and it s was the same experience of rellosk.