Colonial zone -santo domingo

craigers

Nov 29, 2005
We're looking for a nice hotel in the colonial zone in santo domingo - can someone recommend something? just going in for a few nights from cabarete.

Would prefer something upper scale if possible

thanks

Sep 19, 2005
I can recomend one hotel( the only one I stayed at in SD, but it was nice.

The HODELPA CARIBE COLONIAL

Isabel La Catolica 159 Cuidad Colonial Santo Domingo
tel# 809 688-7799

the room was nice the hotel is nice . Not huge but not too small. Close to the end of the Conde. cost 2785rd for a single for one person( my GF mother) I have the reciept for that room in my hand right now. The room for my gf and me was the same size, but they charged just a little more , because there were two of us in the room. I dont remember the price. Of course she ate the mini bar to pieces and that ran the bill up an additional 1871!!!!!! ha ha ha ha.....oh well... thats the price for dragging her mom around with us!

good luck...bob

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Mercury

Mercury on La Conde or El Conde(?).
Was there one year ago... their rates are around USD 60.oo to 90.oo but got them thru hotelbeds in Puerto Plata at USD 49.oo including all taxes and buffet breakfast!

... J-D.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i was going to say mercury (or is it mercure?) as well...havent stayed there myself...but i met some people who were staying there last year. They do charge 5 usd even if a obviously tourist friend goes to your room tho....thats kinda tacky. But i guess because it is right on el conde that sort of explains that. IT sucks tho...if i left to get cigs or go to the store..they would charge me another 5 dollars to go back in! i am not a sankie nor do i look like a sankie...so i thought that was a bad thing

however..if that is not a concern...it is very a nice location...close to every thing and its pretty well appointed for what you pay for.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Frank Purdue:

It looks like the OP may have already been and returned since he posted his question in Dec. 2005. BTW: Jaragua is not in The Colonial zone.

Maybe he will post a year old trip report for us!

Oct 29, 2006
I would strongly recommend to stay at the Hilton in the Malecon Center, great hotel, no surprises for about US$100 per night.
The Hilton is about 2 miles from the colonial zone, a 5 minute taxi ride

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I would strongly recommend to stay at the Hilton in the Malecon Center, great hotel, no surprises for about US$100 per night.
The Hilton is about 2 miles from the colonial zone, a 5 minute taxi ride

Some people don't read dates or even the resent post's. Look at date of original post!!!!!!!:ermm:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
He HE

Frank Purdue:

It looks like the OP may have already been and returned since he posted his question in Dec. 2005. BTW: Jaragua is not in The Colonial zone.

Maybe he will post a year old trip report for us!

makes you wonder how he would do on reading comprehension exam.
Che? 2005? Aw s#$t!!! I got that one wrong?
Too funny.