hold onto your pants

Porfirio

Aug 30, 2005
Merry Christmas folks, and Leonel?s gift to us all is A WHOPPING 16% TAX ON
SALTED COD, HERRING,MATCHES,TOOTHPASTE, TOMATO PASTE, VINEGAR,BOUILLION AND SHRIMP & LOBSTER. More taxes to an already overtaxed abused population. All the more money for the ?Ministers?to steal from their own piggy bank, the National Treasury. The number of our Brothers & Sisters who will departe in the middle of the night to get to Puerto Rico will increase drastically. Risking their lives to escape and possibly drown, or be intercepted by the Dominican Police, where young girls will be sexually assaulted, while others will be robbed of the few pesos they have in their pockets. Crazy projects being put into motion, especially the underground train that Leonel will forge on even though economists & environmentalists vocalize objections to what is being described as a potential disaster. We all take some glee in the demise of ?Leonel?s Fantasy Island due to unsavory characters lining up like pigs at the trough. Don?t become overjoyed, as ?our ullustrious leaders?will not give up on this windfall of dollars that they forsaw as a gigantic financial gain to their individual wealth. Hopefully, the IMF or the World Bank will force the cessation of these fiascos that obviosly are self serving endeavors, and demand that quality education for our children is urgently needed, and new modern hospitals staffed by professionals is a necessity. Let?s hope 2006 will clean up the mess our leaders have created, and put us on a more beneficial course for the People.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Abusing their own people

It is unbelievable. There has not been a single society in history who taxed itself into prosperity.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=8574

They are also delaying the CAFTA agreement until July of '06 so they can squeeze every last peso out of the Dominican people and deny them the lower prices that come with more competition and choice in the market.

It makes me ill.

Scandall

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
qgrande said:
The Swedes are pretty prosperous

There's one in every crowd... :)

Edited to include: Let me rephrase....show me a third world, under-developed country like the DR that worked its way up the ladder by taxing its' already poor people excessively.

:)

Scandall

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
But The "Swedes" Don't Know It!!

They are drunk all the time.The only "Spirits" the Swedes have left is in a bottle!Being "Taxed" to death has made them into "Zombies"!
The DR wan't to have it's "Cafta",and eat it too!
Meaninf take away the trade tarrifs,and still collect the money by taxing the populace as a whole!
"That SUCKS!" CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
you would be unpopular in my family

ricktoronto said:
I would vote for a 200% tax on salted cod. And 500% on herring. Or a ban.

You obviously don't have a Scottish heritage. Nor were you born on January 1st and are not named Bruce. Now where were we.

Kiwi Bruce

May 12, 2005
Anyone have Leonel's mailing address??? I want to send him a copy of Milton Friedman's Capitalism and Freedom. It'd make a lovely christmas present.

Frank the Tank
"Taxes suck"

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I doubt that Leonel would be interested in any book with the word "capitalism" in it's title, unless he is running out of toilet paper.

Also I was recently made aware that third world countries make alot of money off of illegal immigration, their economies are significantly helped by remmitances from the US, much of it from illegals.

It's no skin off his nose to encourage yoleros.

I used to say the Dominican middle class is built on the drug trade, but now I would include illegal immigration, possibly working in the drug trade while in the US illegally. Of course there's money laundering too, but since they are laundering drug money it's the same thing.