Picture this !

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola todos !

I want to know where (internet cafe) can I download pictures from my dig. cam. to computer and then post them back to my numerous (!) friends here in Quebec city. I don't think it's possible from my hotel (Marien Coral) because they don't have someone (internet guy or else) to explain to me how to do this...
Any recommendations about Sosua located or POP located internet cafe to make this possible ? > Also: Is this operation would cost an extra fee ?

PS. > USB access

Thanks in advance and have a nice day/evening !

Holacanada from Quebec city
3 days, 5 hours, 58 minutes and 19 seconds until December 26 :lick:...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I'm guessing you should be able to do it from any computer. Assuming:
  • You have the cable to connect the camera to a USB port.
  • The computer you will be using has a USB port.
  • The internet cafe allows you to save files to their hard drive. Some don't because they are concerned with viruses.
  • The email system you use can handle attachments.

The problem you might have is that the pictures (due to the file size) may take a long time to send.

nlove88

Aug 12, 2005
Most of the internet cafes we saw (not Verizon) had stand alone machines with USB ports. Third party software could easily be installed on them. The only problem is making sure you have your software for the camera with you when you leave.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
nlove88 said:
Most of the internet cafes we saw (not Verizon) had stand alone machines with USB ports. Third party software could easily be installed on them. The only problem is making sure you have your software for the camera with you when you leave.
Do you generally need to install software to just download the pictures? I think I just plug my camera into any computer and it shows up, similar to another disk drive. Then I use the cut and paste features within windows.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Take a card reader

What I have found to be the best solution is to take a card reader with you. Most internet cafes have computers with USB ports. You can send photos straight from the card without downloading to the hard drive.

Chuckuindy