Canadian Newspaper D.R.Travel report

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
In last Saturdays Calgary Herald Travel Section there was a fairly lengthly article boosting the D.R. I think it gave the North Coast a good report which is some good news compared to a lot of the 'doom' we seem to get a lot of the time. I hope the link to the article works. If it doesn't I will try and 'paste' the article into here later. Possibily many other newspapers carried this same story. I hope this article represents a brighter future for all you North Coast Business owners.

Kiwi Bruce

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/travel/story.html?id=d7347087-e5c5-44ec-8f0e-d8860bdc8860

Lasia

Jan 15, 2006
Great Article!

Sorry to reply to a post that is over a month old but I am so happy to see an article like this!

I work for a Canadiian tour operator and I know that bookings to the DR from Western Canada have been severly down in the last couple of years. Reasons from most travel agents that I speak with when I suggest the DR is that the DR is percieved as an "unsafe" destination (why? I have always felt relativilty safe on any of my trips?) so tourists looking for AIs would rather go to Mexico or Cuba. Passengers from Central & Eastern Canada are our main customers to the DR.

In the last few weeks I have had a surge of requests for the DR from customers in Western Canada. I was thinking that people out west are finally coming to their senses about the DR.

I hope articles about the DR like this one keep coming! And I hope other Canadian papers carry this article. It has a great overview of the main tourist destinations available to Canadians from the major tour operators.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
What's the name of DR's new PR firm?
Just want to let them know their doing a good
icon14.gif
job.

Last edited: