Flying Dec of 2006!!

Vickyrola

Nov 30, 2005
Can anybody help me? I'm trying to organize a family reunion in DR for next December 2006. When would be the best time to buy tickets? What airline? About how much could that cost me per person? OMG this is a huge project so I'm trying to plan things as early as possible. Thanks!!

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Vickyrola said:
Can anybody help me? I'm trying to organize a family reunion in DR for next December 2006. When would be the best time to buy tickets? What airline? About how much could that cost me per person? OMG this is a huge project so I'm trying to plan things as early as possible. Thanks!!
How many people? Most airlines have group rates for 12 or more. Contact airline's group rate department. Should be in the range of best fare less 10%.

Vickyrola

Nov 30, 2005
Well my list right now if of 33 people( some leaving from Tampa, fl, the rest from EWR or NY)

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Vickyrola said:

I fly out of TPA to STI on A.A. 500 US.only because i stay there.
If the family member's dont mind late times... JETBLUE is great 300US.
Spiritair and many others to SDQ will be your best bet on price i think.Good luck and hope this help's.;)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
As HOWMAR suggested, assuming you can get groups of 10 or more to fly on the same flight, contact the airlines for group rates. I would stick with either American or Continental.

For the people coming from Tampa, maybe American connecting through MIA or SJU. For those coming from NY/NJ, Continental has direct flights from EWR. (You didn't mention what airport in the DR you will be flying into).

Here's a link for Continental. It looks like they will be able to give you an online quote.

In answer to one of your questions, unless you are able to get a fantastic bargain, I wouldn't book now. You didn't mention exact (or even approximate) dates, so I can't give you an estimate of how much to expect to pay. In general, the closer in December your travel dates are to the holidays, the more you can expect to pay.

If this is all overwhelming to you, use a travel agent. A good one should be able to get you the best rates; especially if you also need hotel rooms.

Vickyrola

Nov 30, 2005
Thanks for the tip about a travel agent :) I'll keep that in mind. Well right now the tentative dates are drom Dec 22-29th. So it's right near the holidays. I'll also find out about group rates! Hope I can pull this off!

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Vickyrola said:
Thanks for the tip about a travel agent :) I'll keep that in mind. Well right now the tentative dates are drom Dec 22-29th. So it's right near the holidays. I'll also find out about group rates! Hope I can pull this off!
This is probably the most expensive time of the year. You may want to rethink Christmas week.