Hispaniola, Dear Lord. Please..........

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Haiti's national elections, planned for Jan. 8 and plagued by disorganization and delays, will be postponed for a fourth time, electoral officials said Friday.

Dear Lord, Please use your divine power to bring peace and tranquillity to the beautiful Island of Hispaniola.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Dear Kiwi...

I'm with you on this one, buddy.
I remember the days when you could safely travel to Haiti.
It sure would be nice, if they could finally work things out and start getting back on track.
Those people have suffered long enough.
Happy New Year to you.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Stop what, caring?

k1w1 said:
please stop

I am not religous at all.

I was not particulary trying to be flippant or fecious. Probably the use of the word 'Lord' was a bad choice.

I guess its just I feel until things get better in Haiti it is going to hinder the progress in the D.R. as far as prosperity to the masses is concerned.

More of a 'New Age' approach would have been to call on the 'collective consciouness' of everybody to move things forward in Haiti.

Kiwi Bruce

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
My preference is "may the random forces of the universe conspire to..."

Let's face it, whoever or whatever you believe in, none of these so-called powers have been doing much for Haiti, or the rest of humanity for that matter.

Jan 12, 2006
If you believe in the power of prayers and "colective conciousness" use it, but don't stop there. Pascal said: "Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is powerful become just and whatever is just becomes powerful". Working towards this end will help a lot.
Josia

P.S. "Superstition brings bad luck"

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Chiri, I like your definition of Fate, Cosmos, Power, or whatever. Randomness is not so random once you study it.

Jose, a beautiful sentiment. If all this is to happen in Haiti, then the superpowers really need to make a straightforward long term commitment and help Preval out, who is the only hope for the moment. No more of the forked tongue policy of the Bush administration , the nature of which has recently been revealed by the exambassador and several analytic articles that have appeared in the mainstream press. While I am an outspoken critic of the treatment of Haitian migrants on this side of the border, it is high time that the world pitch in here and help out the Dominicans, who have been allowed to shoulder the burden of this diaspora without the proper resources to do so. And things are not so stable or prosperous on this side of the border either for the majority of Dominicans, so the instability of Haiti has bad repercussions here, as Kiwi Bruce points out. Heck we need help too! The frontier is a severely impoverished and underdeveloped region, and the population is suffering. Do you know that a reporter from some paper went to Elias Pi?a to see what the people felt about things after the arrest of Quirino -- and you know what he found? They missed him! Of course, he spent money on the people, while the govt has neglected the area.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Chirimoya said:
My preference is "may the random forces of the universe conspire to..."

Let's face it, whoever or whatever you believe in, none of these so-called powers have been doing much for Haiti, or the rest of humanity for that matter.
A devil's advocate statement would be: Humanity has not conform to the "rules" those random forces have imposed for harmony and peace.

10 Comandments, wonderful set of rules, nobody follows them.

-NALs

Se?or_Jimenez

Mar 2, 2006
Wether anyone likes it or not, Hati is utterly worthless. It is at best, an arid desert where its inhabitants are black as coal. EVERY person in power who has the resources and the means and the connections to help them will never just because of their skin color. This is a fact of life and one that will never, ever change. History has proven it.