Location Question.

Loaded

Dec 26, 2005
Hello Everyone,

I have been researching diligently lots of different sites for informaton regarding locations within the Dr to locate my Distillery Business. I have received all the pertinent info from my attorney and am now trying to find a sutible location to place this. Due to the difficult enviroment needed and the cost and unreliablity of city electric sources ( I know a backup is needed).
I am trying to find a location or a website dealing with places that the expats dont normally live ( no problem with lots of expats but it drives up costs and I do enjoy the country). Now I do not want to live in a barrio or slum but maybe a off the beaten path place with decent home prices or maybe a finca where I could locate both? any thoughts or Ideas would be greatly appreciated. See all of you Mid Feb.

I know being there is the best choice but I would like to narrow it down as much as possible before my trip mid feb.

I can also read sites in espanol so that is okay aswell.

Thanks again.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think that one of the areas around the Santiago-Moca-La Vega triangle would suit your needs. Demografically, logistically and economically, you would be very centralized. Services, however, degrade with distance from Santiago.

You might look at La Vega alone, since they have outstanding water supplies there. Electricity is another matter.

Of course, there are "qualities of life" issues to be considered, so when you get here, try to imagine your life and how it would be....

Remember, and this is important, that wherever you decide to install your facility, you will be a target so to speak, and your eventual protection may well depend on your neighbors or neighborhood, so don't get too far out in the country...

HB

Loaded

Dec 26, 2005
My thanks to the both of you for the insight. HB you brought up the point of security. What are some of the methods you think are best suited for this application. I know some people stick with security personell but I think this tends to lead to inside jobs as no matter how well you are paying by standards, the criminals always seem to offer better pay. I do agree with the point of your neighbors become your effective security. I always try to do my best to offer my neighbors the best of myself and of course occasional samples. There is nothing more effective then a drunk housewive to keep people from messing about in your business. Badpiece33, yes there will be lots of testing especially since new water sources no mater if they are bottled natural water seem to effect taste. We will have to do lots of pre DR taste tests coinciding with current production tasting. I do not know if either of you drink Coca Cola but if you travel around the world the taste of that product is always close but never for example how it was growing up as a kid. I have asked Coke about this about 3 years ago via email; there response was simple. No matter how stringent our quality controls are there are slight differences in local air quality and water quality that effect taste, thickness, and carbonation. This is especially true for alcohol as in its purer forms it loves to take mositure from the air and this definetly effects taste. I found all of this to be pretty amazing. Thanks again for all of your input. Seems like Santiago is going to be the place, do either of you endorse a realtor or know anyone who dabbles is such circles locally.