SDQ to Argentina or Chile

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Whats the best way to go to either Argentina or Chile from SDQ, travelling with a Dominican without visa. Are there direct flights or flights through countries where no visas (for Dominicans) are required. Can a Dominican do a transit stop in Venezuela without visa?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Conchman said:
Whats the best way to go to either Argentina or Chile from SDQ, travelling with a Dominican without visa. Are there direct flights or flights through countries where no visas (for Dominicans) are required. Can a Dominican do a transit stop in Venezuela without visa?
In November of 2004 my fiance and I went to Chile for a week's vacation.

LanChile flies direct from Punta Cana to Santiago de Chile and vice versa on Saturdays and Mondays.

It's a long flight 7 1/2 hours, but you get to skip an entire continent and all the hassles of changing airplanes.

Other alternatives with would be flying to Santiago via Miami, Mexico City, or Panama City. I suppose it could also be done from Bogota or Caracas as well.

Just check into a hotel in Punta Cana for one night before the flight day. It will be a good rest in such a relaxing place for the long journey.

LanChile is a very good airline. Very attentive flight attendants!

-NAL

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
To Argentina you can fly Copa, connecting through Panama. No Visa is necessary for a Dominican. Only a Passport and Cedula.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Nal0whs said:
In November of 2004 my fiance and I went to Chile for a week's vacation.

LanChile flies direct from Punta Cana to Santiago de Chile and vice versa on Saturdays and Mondays.

It's a long flight 7 1/2 hours, but you get to skip an entire continent and all the hassles of changing airplanes.

Other alternatives with would be flying to Santiago via Miami, Mexico City, or Panama City. I suppose it could also be done from Bogota or Caracas as well.

Just check into a hotel in Punta Cana for one night before the flight day. It will be a good rest in such a relaxing place for the long journey.

LanChile is a very good airline. Very attentive flight attendants!

-NAL

Thanks for that tip PUJ-Santiago de Chile....Miami and the other stops are not options since Dominicans need visa there even if just transitting, well at least Miami not sure about Mexico or Panama City.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I am back.

You can fly sdq to Atlanta and them you have 1000 daily flights...you can make a connection atlanta to Buenos Aires, or Santiago de Chile on Delta Air lines.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not in a million years since TWOV was cancelled in the middle of the PanAm games. No visa, no boarding let alone getting into the airport.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
ricktoronto said:
Not in a million years since TWOV was cancelled in the middle of the PanAm games. No visa, no boarding let alone getting into the airport.

Senor......did i ever mention about TWOV??? i Know what i am talking..if not come over Atlanta..i work everyday with USBP over international concourse.

I just give some alternatives out of the bigger HUB in the World. I never mention about coming to usa witouth a visa.

Sorry if someone take it wrong.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
You can also do Santo domingo-Havana-Buenos aire with Cuabana Airlines
No visa needed for dominicans

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
santobonao and latino2002 you should explain since the TWOV program was cancelled how aliens can enter the USA at ATL or any other airport without a visa to change planes. Since once you enter the US you can leave the airport and since no US airport except Anchorage has a sterile transit area.

The fact for people who need to know about transit through the US is that it is no longer possible without a transit visa or a visitors visa. A transit visa is as hard to obtain as a visitors visa as you can still leave the airport and enter the USA.

Dominicans therefore have to connect in places like Havana or Panama or fly non stop to Europe without using the USA as a transit point unless they can obtain a visa prior to travel. Caracas (with Aeropostal) has been an option however the bridge to the Caracas airport was washed out recently and there are significant operational delays there.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
ricktoronto said:
santobonao and latino2002 you should explain since the TWOV program was cancelled how aliens can enter the USA at ATL or any other airport without a visa to change planes. Since once you enter the US you can leave the airport and since no US airport except Anchorage has a sterile transit area.

The fact for people who need to know about transit through the US is that it is no longer possible without a transit visa or a visitors visa. A transit visa is as hard to obtain as a visitors visa as you can still leave the airport and enter the USA.

Dominicans therefore have to connect in places like Havana or Panama or fly non stop to Europe without using the USA as a transit point unless they can obtain a visa prior to travel. Caracas (with Aeropostal) has been an option however the bridge to the Caracas airport was washed out recently and there are significant operational delays there.

My Bad i dint explaint about the TWOV....all non alien pax need a visa to transit in to the USA.

How ever USBP is working for a new program similiar to the TWOV...hope to see that happend soon...because of this alot of airlines are lossing $$$ money.

Have a nice day all,

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Conchman said:
so you're saying dominicans without US visas can go through Atlanta airport to catch connecting flights?

All non US citizen need a visa to transit anywere in the USA including SJU.

BRGDS,

ATL Immigrations

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Latino2002 said:
My Bad i dint explaint about the TWOV....all non alien pax need a visa to transit in to the USA.

How ever USBP is working for a new program similiar to the TWOV...hope to see that happend soon...because of this alot of airlines are lossing $$$ money.

Have a nice day all,

thats true;)

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
No, not true!!!

santobonao said:
thats true;)

No citizen of any country which belongs to the European Union does need a visa to visit or transit the United States.
And the question here was how a Dominican can get to Chile, definitely not through the United States without a visa.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Latino2002 said:
My Bad i dint explaint about the TWOV....all non alien pax need a visa to transit in to the USA.,

So another way to say it is everything you said before now was wrong as usual. By the way non-aliens are US residents so you are wrong again. Aliens other than Canadians and from Visa-Waiver countries don't need a visa (transit or visitor) and aliens do. Non aliens are Americans and Green Card holders.