Consequences

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
I took a lot of stick from a lot of the members on this board, a lot of it, I truly deserved for being so na?ve and for wearing my rose tinted glasses, I would just like people to understand, the damage that sankies, can do to people, a good example? myself.

I know that to fall for a sankie, someone that tells you they want to marry you after two weeks, one has to have a certain amount of low self esteem, but sankies can truly push you over the edge.

I fell in love with a animation team man, as most of you will know? he was a sankie, and I realised from the day he asked me for money, I was just to proud to admit it to myself. Having being promised the world, marriage and family, and then to have been dropped like an old penny, my world was crushed. When you are made to feel like a princess, and are on a ultimate high it is hard to then hit rock bottom and it takes its toll on you.

I am currently being treated for clinical depression, having to see a consultant physiatrist and a cognitive behavioural therapist, as well as being on 50ml of Prozac a day, and have given up work... it has been the worst time of my life and is mostly down to my sankie.
I don?t know why I am really writing this to you, not for sympathy I just want people to be aware....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Princess PMed me to update me on her story. She hopes it will help others by telling her story so please don't make any smart ass remarks or they will be removed.

Thanks

Princess I wish you well.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If thats a real post then I admire you for admitting it. That takes guts. You'll get over it Princess, a little time and a new love interest and life will move on! Just imagine if you hadnt consulted this board, how long he might have strung you along, taken your money, and then destroyed your world.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Maybe the DR introduction video they show on the flights to the DR should include a sankie warning.

Seriously **princess - I wish you a swift recovery. The fact that you have recognised and confronted the problem is a huge step, as is admitting it publicly on the forum. As Conchman wrote, that took guts.

Time heals, and all that.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Awww Princess, I'm so sorry that you are going through a tough time right now. I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery and that you are able to move foward as soon as possible!
Abrazos,
Nelly

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Dear **Princess,

Do not be so hard on yourself. As savvy as I am in worldly matters I have let my desire to be loved get in the way more than once. We lovers of the world walk around with our hearts exposed. We yearn for love, we want to give and receive love, and when we think we have found it we give everything.

My current relationship is in the sh**can and I should have seen the signs, but I didn?t. I was blinded by beauty and sex, I was told of love where none existed. I was lied to, cheated and left heart broken.

I wish I could say that I have learned a valuable lesson this time but I am sure that I have not. The reason is that I still need what I thought I had found. There is no hope for me and countless other like me, those who are lovers. We will be hurt a thousand times, yet we will still seek.

Pick yourself up girl. Tomorrow the grass will still be green and the sky still blue. You will survive this.

Remember, ?it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all?.

Chuckuindy

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Changed my mind

chuckuindy said:
Dear **Princess,

Do not be so hard on yourself. As savvy as I am in worldly matters I have let my desire to be loved get in the way more than once. We lovers of the world walk around with our hearts exposed. We yearn for love, we want to give and receive love, and when we think we have found it we give everything.

My current relationship is in the sh**can and I should have seen the signs, but I didn?t. I was blinded by beauty and sex, I was told of love where none existed. I was lied to, cheated and left heart broken.

I wish I could say that I have learned a valuable lesson this time but I am sure that I have not. The reason is that I still need what I thought I had found. There is no hope for me and countless other like me, those who are lovers. We will be hurt a thousand times, yet we will still seek.

Pick yourself up girl. Tomorrow the grass will still be green and the sky still blue. You will survive this.

Remember, ?it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all?.

Chuckuindy

Now THAT'S the Chuckuindy we know and love.

Best of luck, Princess...I'm sure many of us have been where you are, and I really admire you for facing and dealing with these issues. I know someone close to me who is bipolar (or depressional) - they never admitted the fact that they need help, so you never know who you're going to find when you talk to them. They need help, know they need help, but they are from the "old school" where if you see a therapist and take meds, you are crazy. That is not at all true. Deal with these issues - remember that in life, IMO, we all need counselling at one point or another. Like ChuckU said, at least he didn't string you along for too long, you found this board, and now, it's time to pick yourself up and heal.

Last edited:

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Hey Princess,
I can relate what you are dealing with. I also had a similar DR experience, and have dealt with depression in the past, luckily I got help with mine through support, and counselling, if you ever want to talk, pm me.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Man, oh man!

I have to tell you, princess, that you are much more guts than what I thought.

You know for a fact that I was a big critic of yours but you may also remember that I did tried to help you when you PM'ed me.

Now, I must say that if you let yourself go, HE will win. You are way to smart to let someone who does not values people's life to win.

First of all, you need to fall in love with YOURSELF right away and take what happened to you as a bad experience. The moment you start thinking about YOURSELF first and foremost, you WILL see that that axxhole is nothing more than a sick bastard.

Understand this: I ( and many members ) have been around the block a few times( in my case, more times that I care to count) and I have been burned a few times but I am here to tell you that eventually EVERYTHING WILL be ok. How do I know?, because even thought I have been burned, right now I am the happiest that I have ever been in my life.

Forget about that moron and I promise you that before you know it, you WILL meet a genuine guy that will truly treat you like a princess.

Turn the page and say to yourself: "the hell with that jackass, I deserve much better than him, I need a true man and I will not settle for less".

You need to be celebrating instead of being sad/down/depressed. Celebrating that you saved yourself so much pain with someone that would had made your life much more miserable. Tell you what, send me a PM with your address and I promise you that I will send you a champagne bottle because we here need you to celebrate instead of being depressed.

Don't let that jackass win.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
jpkmf6.jpg

:classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

monsoon68

Dec 19, 2005
Rey muerto, rey puesto!

As we say in Spanish "A rey muerto, rey puesto". He was not worth of you.
You would probably find someone very soon and feel relief that the relationship did not continue.
Happy New Year! :classic:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I am not sure this will be of any comfort to you are not, but each time I loose at love the words of an old Kris Kristofferson song come to mind.

"The Pilgrim : Chapter 33"

See him wasted on the sidewalk in his jacket and his jeans
Wearin' yesterday's misfortunes like a smile
Once he had a future full of money, love, and dreams
Which he spent like they was goin' outa style

And he keeps right on a'changin' for the better or the worse
Searchin' for a shrine he's never found
Never knowin' if believin' is a blessin' or a curse
Or if the goin' up was worth the comin' down

He's a poet, he's a picker
He's a prophet, he's a pusher
He's a pilgrim and a preacher, and a problem when he's stoned
He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction
Takin' every wrong direction on his lonely way back home

He has tasted good and evil in your bedrooms and your bars
And he's traded in tomorrow for today
Runnin' from his devils, lord, and reachin' for the stars
And losin' all he's loved along the way

But if this world keeps right on turnin' for the better or the worse
And all he ever gets is older and around
From the rockin' of the cradle to the rollin' of the hearse
The goin' up was worth the comin' down

Sep 19, 2005
hello princess, I am not so sure that much of your pain was not induced here on the board. It is one thing to realize you have been a fool it is another to be ridiculed to no end on it. Happily as we see there are some here that have feelings and are good at giving moral support. I guess we should all realize this forum is a micro slice of real life in that there is the good the bad and pretty and the ugly.

The want for affection is strong, look at this as a little notch in your learning curve called life. Going forward realize that if you do fall for someone again, that it will be hard for you to accept or utilize advice from others , even if dead on ....because the desire for being wanted , and to want is so strong.

best of luck....bob

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I'm in tears reading this thread.....

This is why I 'attack' sometimes when it comes to people posting about their 'sankie love'.

I see and hear these stories on a regular basis where I live in Juan Dolio and I just hurt to know that no matter what we say it ain't the sankie who ends up devastated!! As jellylegs said on her blog....."there's a new coach (busload) arriving every week".
Sad that on that coach may be another "princess"!:cry:

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
miguel said:
First of all, you need to fall in love with YOURSELF right away and take what happened to you as a bad experience. The moment you start thinking about YOURSELF first and foremost, you WILL see that that axxhole is nothing more than a sick bastard.

Wise words, Miguel, couldn't have said it better myself.

Princess, keep your head up. Although it may feel like the end of the world to you now, one day in retrospect you will realize that this experience has made you stronger.

Oh, the break up process. Been there, got the t-shirt. It kind of goes something like this:

You lose weight. You neglect yourself, your house, your job. You drive your friends and family crazy talking about the break up. You cry at the drop of a dime. You can't even comprehend that your life might not again include that "special person."

You begin putting them on a pedestal, forgetting all of the nagging things about them that used to drive you crazy. In your mind, they have become omnipotent, all encompassing, all everything.

You convince yourself that you are a loser who just screwed up a relationship with "the best person in the world." You KNOW without a doubt that you will never EVER love like that again. You know no one else will come along who even comes close to being as marvelous as your ex (excuse me while I chuckle to myself here). You wear a sad face for the world to see (you should see my old military ID taken 2 days after my divorce was finalized, it's just pitiful).

They (the ex's) remain steadfast in their denial to get back together. Many of them leapfrog into new relationships, immediately being exclusive with a new person. For those that do leapfrog, they appear to just "replace" you with a new model. All of the things you two used to do, they now do with someone else. Whatever you two did, likely they will just begin doing those things with someone new.

You hear about them and their new life. You are desperate for any crumbs of news about their life. Many of us make things worse here by trying to use manipulation to get them back--yet they stay away from us like we are the plague.

For those of us who do still have contact with our ex's we begin selling ourselves short. Doing stupid things like allowing them access to our bodies and then wanting to strangle them afterward when they remind us that "Sex does not imply hope."

Time goes by. You'll do some stupid things. You'll call your ex when you shouldn't. You'll call when you've had to much to drink. You'll cry yourself to sleep.

Then you'll get serious about no contact. It'll hurt, but you try to stick to it.

This is the turning point for most.

It's hard but by this point, nothing but time works. Everday the ache in your heart grows a little less. It's only nanobits that it dies down but everyday it grows a bit dimmer. Regardless, you'll have setbacks.

Then one day you'll smile because you didn't immediately check your answering machine when you came in. And one day you'll decide to clean the muck that has accumulated in your house. And one day you'll go outside and admit to the universe that you surrender what control you thought you had.

One day you'll decide to date again. And one day you'll go out on your first date and it will likely be a disaster. You'll either force yourself to continue dating or you'll decide that you aren't ready to date but you are ready to be out amongst people again.

But one day, it won't matter as much. Time will allow you to catch yourself going minutes and then hours without thinking of the ex. And you'll begin to be able to think of life without that person and not dissolve into a puddle of nothingness because of the thought.

The thing that you don't want to realize now but will one day is that life does indeed go on. One day you'll find yourself having a gut busting laugh over something totally stupid and you'll think to yourself "I am getting better." And finally (thank God) you'll have sex with some new and find that a) if it wasn't good, at least you did it or b) it was so much better than with your ex you wonder why you waited so long to get back out there.

You'll know you're one the road to recovery.

Be kind to yourself. Be forgiving of yourself. And most of all remember that being happily single is an alternative. Even if society is beating it into your head that you MUST have a mate, take some time to heal before going back out there.

There are plenty of good people to love, but don't go back out there broken, jaded about love, etc. Accept realty. Experience the pain. Learn the lesson. Actively try to heal.

Remember the person you were when you first met your ex and get that person back.

And the universe will take care of the rest...

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
sunshine_79 said:
You lose weight. You neglect yourself, your house, your job. You drive your friends and family crazy talking about the break up. You cry at the drop of a dime. You can't even comprehend that your life might not again include that "special person."

You begin putting them on a pedestal, forgetting all of the nagging things about them that used to drive you crazy. In your mind, they have become omnipotent, all encompassing, all everything.

You convince yourself that you are a loser who just screwed up a relationship with "the best person in the world." You KNOW without a doubt that you will never EVER love like that again. You know no one else will come along who even comes close to being as marvelous as your ex (excuse me while I chuckle to myself here). You wear a sad face for the world to see ...

Sunnie - you are spot on.......and TIME is the best healer in such situations.......

The part about forgetting all the bad things and only remembering the good times......we all do it....WHY oh WHY?!

Good luck Princess......I admire you for starting this thread.

Daydream ;)

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
Thank you all..*

You all have managed to lift me so much! It is so lovely to hear words of support.. I will get over it, and it will help me grow as a person... It just doesn't seem like that at the moment.

Some of the words of wisdom, are sensational! Its so lovely to hear lovliness from all of you! xxxx Will keep everyone updated...

**Princess (on the road to recovery!!)

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
**princess,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Were all behind you every step of the way. Get better soon.;)

BTW - i PM'd you!! :lick:

*Baby Girl

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
k1w1 said:
... all this from a 3 x 'intimator' only! (??) still haven't figured you out girl LOL

There's really nothing to figure out, I've lived a pretty mundande life in terms of relationships.

One boyfriend for three years, a husband for three and the new guy for four months.

But I'm an expert in breakups because the first two were awful. When Oprah retires, I am going to apply for her job.

Glad you're feeling better Princess! He sounds like a real jackass and I'm sure he will end up in a dead end life.

Don't worry, you'll meet him again on his long journey to the middle. Life is funny like that.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
**princess said:
You all have managed to lift me so much! It is so lovely to hear words of support.. I will get over it, and it will help me grow as a person... It just doesn't seem like that at the moment.

Some of the words of wisdom, are sensational! Its so lovely to hear lovliness from all of you! xxxx Will keep everyone updated...

**Princess (on the road to recovery!!)

Again, I am very sorry to hear about this.

On the other hand, you learned your lesson. So please do not make the same mistake again. I am saying this because I do not want to see you get hurt again.

I hope you feel better.