Information Please

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
I took a photo from the top of the residential area above Charamicos that is posted in the Media gallery that I have a link to below.

It's looking North East and I circled the Condo complex in it.

Could someone please tell me the name of it and some background information on it. Looks like a pretty good size complex. I think its above the next beach West of Sosua, whats that beach called. Thank you in advance.

Kiwi Bruce

http://dr1.com/media/cgi-bin/media....os&image=From above Charamicos.JPG&img=16&tt=

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That complex is in Puerto Chiquito and used to be called Sand Castle.
It was considered to be the nicest hotel on the North coast at it's inception, with stained glass windows, golf carts to transport the guests to & fro their rooms, but alas, who could have anticipated the rapid growth of Sosua and the barrios, which polluted that river that feeds into their bay.
It became quite unswimmable, well over 10 years ago, at which point the hotel started bussing the guests to the main Sosua beach, but it defeated the purpose of being located on it's own beach, and it was rumoured to be mismanaged, and the last time I was in there some odd 8 years ago, I noticed a lot of things broken, including the stained glass windows & lamps, as well as things like hot water tanks, etc.
Bu then, it was being operated by some other group, who basically buried it.
I would guess that it's been abandoned now for 6 or 7 years.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Thanks for the info Marco

Rocky said:
That complex is in Puerto Chiquito and used to be called Sand Castle.
It was considered to be the nicest hotel on the North coast at it's inception, with stained glass windows, golf carts to transport the guests to & fro their rooms, but alas, who could have anticipated the rapid growth of Sosua and the barrios, which polluted that river that feeds into their bay.
It became quite unswimmable, well over 10 years ago, at which point the hotel started bussing the guests to the main Sosua beach, but it defeated the purpose of being located on it's own beach, and it was rumoured to be mismanaged, and the last time I was in there some odd 8 years ago, I noticed a lot of things broken, including the stained glass windows & lamps, as well as things like hot water tanks, etc.
Bu then, it was being operated by some other group, who basically buried it.
I would guess that it's been abandoned now for 6 or 7 years.

Unbelievable something that size just abandoned. No wonder I had not come across it before. After you gave me its name I was able to find a good thread on it on the DRS01 Forums. So many abandoned projects in such a small area ( North Coast ).

Kiwi Bruce